Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

BOARDWALK EMPIRE season 4

Post by baffled »

Discuss.

Spoilers okay because if you don't stay caught up the penalty is plot spoilers in addition to having proto crash on your couch til the next episode.

Or you can punch yourself in the dick once for each episode you miss.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE season 4

Post by Shapecharge »

Totally down Baff. That was a crazy bedroom scene with the whole cuckold thing. Wonder who Richard is going around zapping. Good first episode.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Yeah, that cuckold thing threw me for a loop.

Think this season has serious potential to blow some minds.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Baff, it's a sorry fucking state of affairs but it appears that IGx has devolved into a board full of low-T mouthbreathers that are spending their money on lift kits for their rusted out '83 GMC 4x4 instead of cable to watch one of the greatest shows ever made.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Well, to be fair, an '83 GMC 4x4 would have been awesome to have when I was 16.

Do you think Andy's finished adding the exhaust to his '92 Honda hatchback with the neon running lights? Maybe if he has, he's got enough left over to get cable and to jump in here.

You know he would have gotten a seriously intense halfie from that cuckold scene.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I could see Boardwalk Empire having a very theraputic effect on Andy...after all he was in his thirties around that time. He could let us know how historically accurate it is. You'd think he'd do that for us but he won't. There's not much money left after ham sammaches, PBR, weed, and trick bits for the '92 Civic. Andy told me one of his first paying gigs was as an underwear model for the 1897 Sear and Roebuck catalog...well, it was those old school longjohns with the trapdoor hind end but he was paid nonetheless.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

The '92 civic... can't argue with that light up gear shift and a performance clutch to go with 145 ponies under the after market hood.

That's interesting about the long john modeling. I'm guessing he refused to sport the handlebar mustache that was so popular at the time. For the most part, facial hair was how you let people know that the only thumb going up your ass was yours, but Andy didn't care. He liked things clean and smooth on his face, if you know what I mean.

He really was a trendsetter and deserves everything he's got in life.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Go.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Okay, so why was Richard killing those guys in the first episode? I thought it might have something to do with his family's/sister's homestead but then he goes to Milwaukee to bump off a dude but then decides not too. I hope they don't kill him...he's one of my all-time favorite tv characters. The scene with the dog was supurbly filmed. Fuck it almost made me cry. Chalkie is beginning to understand that life at the top isn't as easy as it seemed.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

He reveals it to the guy he decides not to kill; he'd been paid $1000/head.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

This new creepy doctor is going to be interesting.

Felt a little lacking without the cuckold action we saw in episode one.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Stephen I would flick you right in the nutz if you were nearby...everything in this series appears to have reason and intent. Who are they and why are they being bumped off by Richard? Now I get your point...they have nothing to do with the main storyline and he's just working as a hitman but that's not ususally how they operate. Seriously if anyone reading this knows Stephen, punch him in the sac right now...he deserves this.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Shapecharge wrote:Stephen I would flick you right in the nutz if you were nearby...everything in this series appears to have reason and intent. Who are they and why are they being bumped off by Richard?
They need to show him cracking. The first few kills are to remind you of the end of last season ("AWESOME"!!). Then he won't kill one guy ("Hey, why isn't Richard still capping people?"), then he won't kill the dog ("Man, I'm getting a little worried about Richard, how come he can't even shoot the dog out of mercy") and then the bad guys come for him ("OMG I HOPE RICHARD HULKS OUT ON THESE MOFOS").
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

==CANCEL THE NUTPUNCH ON STEPHEN==

Excellent point. See this is why we need to have these conversations. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. My rakish good looks and charm only take me so far...sadly my poor intellect and judgement inhibit me from fully understanding the subtle nuances of the dramatic arts.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

I'm not feeling it this season. Same brooding tone, same chain smoking Nucky who hasn't developed, changed, learned anything or become all that interesting after 3 full seasons. I'm bailing out.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The Opie fed is entertaining. I don't understand how Michael Shannon has become such a pussy. I'm a little concerned they have too many story lines going on. Richard, Chalky, Dr. Whosit, all absent lately.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Grandpa's Spells wrote:The Opie fed is entertaining. I don't understand how Michael Shannon has become such a pussy.
I stand corrected.

"I am calm." BOOM.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

It's still good. I miss Gretchen Mol's character making out with her daughter in law.
Patricia Arquette's character is a fucking dog.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Last night's episode was awesome. Capone loves Big Earls...who knew??

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

BFly wrote:It's still good. I miss Gretchen Mol's character making out with her daughter in law.
Pretty sure that never happened.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

ButterCupPowerRanch wrote:Last night's episode was awesome. Capone loves Big Earls...who knew??
He was a fat wop. Everyone knew.
- Buck Brannaman

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

I thought it was the constant coke, but I'll take your word for it.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Finally caught up...christ that was a good episode with a lot happening. That Dr. Narsis (sp) is one creepy motherfucker. This show is one of several examples of thoroughly considered plot/storyline development, writing, acting, filming...shit the whole fucking thing. No possible way for network television to pull this off with all of their particular needs. Now this is just my take but that scene where the good Dr. comes in to talk to the singer about what happened, and then he confronts her and you see that tear well up and fall out of his eye...that's some fucking acting right there. And you could sense the conflict he was struggling with...the bond they once shared but now she's connected to Chalky, and he doesn't want to beat her but knows he needs to because it will send Chalky into a rage, and a man with his head all fucked up can't think straight...awesome shit.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The best part about the thing with Chalky is he won't know who set him up. The mayor? Nucky? He's tighter with Richard now, that's no coincidence.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

It is truly amazing how good this show is. I will miss it when it's over.

Nucky, knows something is up. The "baby faced" insurance agent comment by Eli's wife and Eli's reaction plus the drinking...just like he was doing when he was involved with the plot in the second season to eliminate Nucky. And then Eli's son reaction. I thought Chalky was gonna get killed but now me thinks baby faced G-man is gonna get zapped and so is Eli.

Our favorite revenue agent is turning into a full on gangster. And his Swedish wife, even with smallish titties is working for me...we know she can bash a dude's head in and that's good thing to have available as long as it's not yours.