Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Not good, bros. Not good at all.

Episodes one and three were trash, episode two was much better, and the only one so far not directed by Robert Rodriguez.

They've really sanitized the Boba Fett character, not for the better, and the Asian broad is pointless except that they don't have enough characters to flesh out a storyline. Final criticism, by the third episode of The Mandalorian there was a cohesive story line forming around the child (i.e., Baby Yoda). You have nothing in this show that compares to that to provide dramatic impetus and emotional weight.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bram »

The actor playing Boba Fett, and the actress playing his sidekick, have very little charisma.

Had to force myself to finish Episodes 2 and 3. It's a bummer because the world looks great! Wookie in Ep 3 was rad though.
Last edited by Bram on Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Still better than any of the flicker-pictures.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:25 am Still better than any of the flicker-pictures.
You may be right. My son and I tried to watch The Eternals last night and it was truly awful and I felt insulted watching it. It was belligerently bad in an in your face kind of fuck you audience way. And boring. Dreadfully boring and antiseptic. I really enjoyed the director's recent film Nomadland but this was something else.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Bram wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:41 am The actor playing Boba Fett, and the actress playing his sidekick, have very little charisma.
I completely agree. Why do they even have the Asian broad? She's pointless to the (minimal) story line.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bram »

Fattie,

You watch the new Dune? I loved it. I’d keep watching it if it was still included with HBO.

I dunno why they have the girl, but two dull leads with no chemistry is a painful combo.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Ronald RayGun wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:25 am Still better than any of the flicker-pictures.
You may be right. My son and I tried to watch The Eternals last night and it was truly awful and I felt insulted watching it.
This shit confused the hell out of me. I keep thinking there's going to be someone interesting showing up. "Oh, Kumail is funny, let's not see him again for 2 hours."

Dave Pasquesi is only good thing in Boba Fett so far.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Oh man, Eternals ... yuck.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Bram wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:14 pm Fattie,

You watch the new Dune? I loved it. I’d keep watching it if it was still included with HBO.

I dunno why they have the girl, but two dull leads with no chemistry is a painful combo.
Dune was fucking awesome. I was really pumped for that movie and, in a rare success for 2021, it delivered completely.

As for Temuera Morrison, he can be a compelling actor when he's given the right tools. He was amazing in Once Were Warriors for example. But the script is narcoleptic and the story so far has him as a Gary Cooper in High Noon type character, trying to be everybody's friend. Ming Na-Wen is a nobody and is a pure, no-talent diversity hire.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bram »

Glad you liked Dune too!

Yeah, maybe the scripts and direction sucks for Boba Fett?

And....Fuck!! 5 minutes into episode 4 and I'm shouting, "Get interesting!" at the television. I quit unless I hear from someone that this boring ass show turns itself around.

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

SEE! All they had to do was make it Mando! Brilliant ep.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 pm SEE! All they had to do was make it Mando! Brilliant ep.
FUCKIN SPOILER BRAH. But you're like the third person to do that to me so totes whatevz. For me The Peacemaker is where it's at right now.

Bennyonesix1

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I don't watch television shows

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Shit. My ooops on that spoiler. I'll fire up Peacemaker on the morrow.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

No worries. Last episode was tight but kinda proves my point: the best episode so far had nothing to do with Bobby or his celestial consort. Did you watch The Peacemaker yet?

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bram »

First good episode was 5. I think partly it’s chemistry as the Asian lady was less annoying with this ep’s armored-up guy.

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Peacemaker is fantastic. Highly recommended.

Bennyonesix1

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Screenshot_20210823-145206_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210823-145206_DuckDuckGo.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 1741 times

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:20 am Peacemaker
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bram »

The Book of Everything but Boba Fett is a lot better

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Another fun one. No spoiler this time.

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Dat *SPOILER* doe!

Rancor Rage!!!

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:36 am Dat *SPOILER* doe!

Rancor Rage!!!
Rancor riding was fun, Cad Bane was fun, but I dunno the whole season left me pretty unmoved. The best parts, by far, related to Mando and Li'l Yo. I particularly note that Robert Rodriguez should be kept away from future SW shows, his episodes were the weakest of the series. Also I call bullshit on how geriatric Bubbles Fett rope a dopes Bane when he just got the jump on Vanth and all of Freetown. Good build up but bad delivery.

Ronald RayGun

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Ronald RayGun »

You right, you right. Bobby Fatts was the least interesting thing about the show that bares his name. They did Cad Bane WAY dirty.

Bennyonesix1

Book of Boba Fett

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Screenshot_20210602-121902_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210602-121902_DuckDuckGo.jpg (148.91 KiB) Viewed 1664 times