Brief comparision of high end underwear

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Brief comparision of high end underwear

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Over the last year, tired of having to buy boxer briefs every 4 months or so as they wore out, I decided to try some high end boxer briefs. There are three.

1. Exofficio Give-and-Go Boxer Brief
After almost a year, these show very little sign of wear and have kept their form. These work well for everyday wear and for mild to strenuous activity. They do not retain stink like other synthetics. They can also be washed in a sink with soap and water and dried overnight, making them idea for lightweight travel. At ~$25 a pair, less if you find them on sale, these are expensive, but their durability and utility are worth it. This is the highest rated boxer brief on Amazon and Backcountry as well. I often wear these to train instead of compression shorts now. These chafe very infrequently.

2. Stoic Merino Boxer Brief.
As far as comfort, these might be the ultimate for me. They are long legged and won't ride. I've worn these for 4 months now, after picked them up on Steep And Cheap for about 70% off and I wish I would have grabbed 2-3 more pair. Retailing at !$45 a pair, I'm almost tempted to get a few more, they are that good. Warm, made out of merino wool, they are soft, wick well, dry quickly, and suppress funk. Not as good a training underwear as the ExO, but these are great for hiking and being active all day. I have never had these chafe me.

3. Underarmor Boxer Brief
As far as availability and price, these are the cheapest, you can usually find them for $19.99. These are great to train in but tend to chafe when you wear them as daily underwear. They are tighter and more like a compression short than the other two. A distinct third on the list, and I'll wear regular Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs over these as a daily wear.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Re: Brief comparision of high end underwear

Post by Beer Jew »

Who the hell wears underwear when they train?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Over the last year, tired of having to buy boxer briefs every 4 months or so as they wore out, I decided to try some high end boxer briefs. There are three.

1. Exofficio Give-and-Go Boxer Brief
After almost a year, these show very little sign of wear and have kept their form. These work well for everyday wear and for mild to strenuous activity. They do not retain stink like other synthetics. They can also be washed in a sink with soap and water and dried overnight, making them idea for lightweight travel. At ~$25 a pair, less if you find them on sale, these are expensive, but their durability and utility are worth it. This is the highest rated boxer brief on Amazon and Backcountry as well. I often wear these to train instead of compression shorts now. These chafe very infrequently.
I wear these. Good kit.
Don’t believe everything you think.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Is how I roll.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Give-and-Go
Is that code?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: 1. Exofficio Give-and-Go Boxer Brief
I have been wanting to pick up these for travel but need to order online which is always dicey. What size did you buy? I can probably find your waist size mentioned in several other threads here.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Terry B. wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: 1. Exofficio Give-and-Go Boxer Brief
I have been wanting to pick up these for travel but need to order online which is always dicey. What size did you buy? I can probably find your waist size mentioned in several other threads here.

Just don't call him at 2AM CST!!!!!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Underwear? I suppose you poofters wear pajamas too.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

What's the longest you can wear any of these garments before they absolutely must be washed?

that is a key selling point for me
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

protobuilder wrote:What's the longest you can wear any of these garments before they absolutely must be washed?

4 days dude: inside, outside, frontside, backside, right?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

frontside inside, frontside outside, backside inside, backside outside, inside, outside, frontside, backside.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Beer Jew wrote:frontside inside, frontside outside, backside inside, backside outside, inside, outside, frontside, backside.
7-11 has some disposable briefs - you could probably wear them til they simply fall off.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Terry B. wrote:
Beer Jew wrote:frontside inside, frontside outside, backside inside, backside outside, inside, outside, frontside, backside.
7-11 has some disposable briefs - you could probably wear them til they simply fall off.
He obviously has access to a dimension we are unaware of.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

protobuilder wrote:What's the longest you can wear any of these garments before they absolutely must be washed?

These sound like they are your style:

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The high tech stuff can be worn in the shower or stream and washed while worn, and they will dry right on you while you bask like an Elephant Seal on a warm rock. An empirical fact.
Don’t believe everything you think.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

nafod wrote:

The high tech stuff can be worn in the shower or stream and washed while worn, and they will dry right on you while you bask like an Elephant Seal on a warm rock. An empirical fact.
=D>
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

you disgusting animals ruined a beautiful thread here.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

nafod wrote:

Video or I call your bluff.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I have a pair of boxers from MEC that are going on 17 years old. The don't make them any more, obviously, since they never need to be replaced.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote:

10-1 both Craw and the robot he's designing (at MIT in case you missed it) just got rock hard reading that.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

This thread was ruined when Shaf used that pun in the title.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Turdacious wrote:
nafod wrote:

10-1 both Craw and the robot he's designing (at MIT in case you missed it) just got rock hard reading that.
No robots Turdy, sorry. You'll have to satisfy your robot fantasy with that lego r2-d2 you are building.

We don't like elephant seals or sea lions. Fat bastards think my submarines are big warm lounge platforms just for them. Removal is an interesting event though.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

The Crawdaddy wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
nafod wrote:

No robots Turdy, sorry. You'll have to satisfy your robot fantasy with that lego r2-d2 you are building.

We don't like elephant seals or sea lions. Fat bastards think my submarines are big warm lounge platforms just for them. Removal is an interesting event though.

Wait... do you work with submarines?

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

shut-up attention whore.