My Chuck Taylors

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

My Chuck Taylors

Post by Batboy2/75 »

At $25.00 a pop (on sale) I love my Chucks. This is my 10th pair in 10 years. I can usually get a years worth out a pair, despite abusing the shit out of them.

Ten years ago I bought my first pair of chucks since I was a kid. For the first 3 months or so, my feet were sore as hell if I did any serious walking in them. Now my feet hard as hard as iron. I routinely walk 4-6 miles in them without blisters or hot spots.

Recently, while looking for running shoes (for running) I got up on one of those foot pressure systems that measure were and how you distribute your weight on your feet. I everyones amazement, i was almost perfect. Does this mean anything? Who knows or gives a shit. Well I found it interesting. Does it mean anything? It at least shut the shoe whore salesmen up.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: My Chuck Taylors

Post by Turdacious »

I do a lot of my urban rucking in Chucks. Great shoes.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

These are my go to shoes for walking around the city. But I prefer low tops, and can never get them for under $40.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:These are my go to shoes for walking around the city. But I prefer low tops, and can never get them for under $40.

Ross is your friend. When they have the plain black ones in stock, I buy a pair.. I alternate between the low and the high tops, depending on what is available.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

Chucks, Sanuks, my lifting shoes and socks are the only things I put on my feet. :supz: :supz:
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

msr2112 wrote:Chucks, Sanuks, my lifting shoes and socks are the only things I put on my feet. :supz: :supz:
Sanuks are ridiculous comfortable for walking/rucking.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

BD,you talking about these then?
Attachments
SMB4005-BRN_1.jpg
SMB4005-BRN_1.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Bobby wrote:BD,you talking about these then?

I would have to look at them in person, but from first glance I would have to say no. Doesn't mean they won't work for you. As for me, those look like a sponge. I'm out in wet weather quite a bit and would destroy those shoes within a couple of weeks. Plus, the material would last 3 months with the abuse I hand out.

When it comes to walking about town, light work and summers out in the woods; canvas and rubber get the job down for me. For the rest of the year, when I'm out in the field, it's leather Wellington boots or Danners treated with bees wax and petroleum jelly. When hanging around town, it's Doc Martens or casual moccasins.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
Bobby wrote:BD,you talking about these then?

I would have to look at them in person, but from first glance I would have to say no. Doesn't mean they won't work for you. As for me, those look like a sponge. I'm out in wet weather quite a bit and would destroy those shoes within a couple of weeks. Plus, the material would last 3 months with the abuse I hand out.

When it comes to walking about town, light work and summers out in the woods; canvas and rubber get the job down for me. For the rest of the year, when I'm out in the field, it's leather Wellington boots or Danners treated with bees wax and petroleum jelly. When hanging around town, it's Doc Martens or casual moccasins.
No....

I'm talking about these. Useless in the slop and Ugly as fuck but I don't care, basically an alternative to barefoot only in dry climes. I thought no way could I walk miles on mixed pavement, gravel, trails etc and yet I ended up walking all the fuck over Iceland in them.

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Unless your out in the brush,wet and rocks, then the simler and flater the shoe the better IMO.

Chucks, old Vison Street Wear, Pumas, deck shoes, docs.

Even my Merrels hikers are fairly simple, just made sturdy and for the above conditions as well as street.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

The boots pictured below are without a doubt the most comfortable ones I`ve ever worn.
Have even had to walk for hours with them being soaked and no problems.
Bates Falcon.Comes highly recommended!
Attachments
7c3d2717cec6f5faa652fcfc30318045.image.250x209.jpg
7c3d2717cec6f5faa652fcfc30318045.image.250x209.jpg (8.97 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Even got a pair for the wife!
"being a pussy".