Coach Rut's Dumbbell DVDs

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
ab g-d

Coach Rut's Dumbbell DVDs

Post by ab g-d »

Got all 3 DVDs for completeness sake.

Overall - Excellent. Completely clear both video and audio. Nothing fancy but nice and clean, filmed in a real garage and industrial type gyms. Lot's of little tips, warnings and quips in the narration.

Vol 1- 40 DB moves done perfectly. Just about everything you can do with a dumbbell worth doing.

Vol 2 - Complexes. Lot's complexes from just a couple moves to 10+moves. Again, all demonstrated super cleany from front and side. This one is really worthwhile if you want some great ideas for complexes and circuits.

Vol 3 - for the experienced trainee/er this is the cool one. Ironically the first 15 or so complexes are actually barbell complexes, then they get mixed in with DBs, various jumps, med ball stuff, pullups, KBs etc...The bonus is it's all performed by Eva T.

If you want to get into real DB stuff this is good stuff. The third one is really cool and just fun to watch to an athlete like Eva do her thing.
Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

Abandoned by Wolves

Re: Coach Rut's Dumbbell DVDs

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

ab g-d wrote:Got all 3 DVDs for completeness sake.

Overall - Excellent. Completely clear both video and audio. Nothing fancy but nice and clean, filmed in a real garage and industrial type gyms. Lot's of little tips, warnings and quips in the narration.

Vol 1- 40 DB moves done perfectly. Just about everything you can do with a dumbbell worth doing.

Vol 2 - Complexes. Lot's complexes from just a couple moves to 10+moves. Again, all demonstrated super cleany from front and side. This one is really worthwhile if you want some great ideas for complexes and circuits.

Vol 3 - for the experienced trainee/er this is the cool one. Ironically the first 15 or so complexes are actually barbell complexes, then they get mixed in with DBs, various jumps, med ball stuff, pullups, KBs etc...The bonus is it's all performed by Eva T.

If you want to get into real DB stuff this is good stuff. The third one is really cool and just fun to watch to an athlete like Eva do her thing.
Sounds great, foxy. Link? (I'm too lazy to Google it right now.)
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

So it's better than Kubik's "The Lost Art of Dumbbell Training?"
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

hahahha.

It would be hard to be worse.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Topic author
ab g-d

Post by ab g-d »

Abandoned by Wolves wrote:
ab g-d wrote:Got all 3 DVDs for completeness sake.

Sounds great, foxy. Link? (I'm too lazy to Google it right now.)
http://www.crossfitkc.com/gear.php
Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican