Crystal Deodorants

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Crystal Deodorants

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Crystal Deodorants. I heard Howard Stern raving about one of their products and decided to give them a shot.

The various sticks that I've been using haven't been doing the trick in any regards from dryness, to anti-stink, to itching. And, the regular stuff contains aluminum which is supposedly bad for you. This stuff is all natural and comes in a variety of containers from a pump spray to a roll on that meets TSA carry on requirements.

It's available all over and I purchased mine in a local grocery store. One of the products was in the hippie health food section and another was in with the regular deodorants.

I gave it a 5 day test in Vegas in July and, like the beloved Howard Stern, believe it's the best deodorant I've every used.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Crystal Deodorants

Post by Protobuilder »

They are really good and a permanent item on my "US shopping list". Not even a close second in line for "best deodorant" category - I have used several different brands and they are all quality.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

double post!
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Jay

Post by Jay »

I have to agree with you here, crystal deos are the best around...

xox

Post by xox »

I make my own, even better than crystals.

http://kettlebellfitnessdk.wordpress.co ... deodorant/

Mix equal amounts of bicarb and starch, and add melted coconut oil until you have a small ball the consistency of play dough. Done!

I can train and sweat hard and still not smell bad by the end of the day. With crystals, I'd have to wash my pits and reapply.

And for something fucking bizarre and far out, I swear certain colors make me smell more. For example green or black cotton T shirt= not so pleasant smell, while white blue or red cotton T shirt (OMG, I just fucking realized that's the French flag!!!) no issue. Anybody ever noticed this?

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow »

Don't drink it all at once (unless you wanna have a gooood tiiiiiime).

But be careful. Shit gets a little cray cray for a solid thirty minutes, if you know what I'm sane?

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

What?

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Oh. I think I gotcha.
I think.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

If you drank deodorant to get high, I would love to hear the story told as specifically as possible.

Jay

Post by Jay »

ButterCupPowerRanch wrote:If you drank deodorant to get high, I would love to hear the story told as specifically as possible.
Yes. I second this one.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Frogster wrote:I make my own, even better than crystals.

http://kettlebellfitnessdk.wordpress.co ... deodorant/

Mix equal amounts of bicarb and starch, and add melted coconut oil until you have a small ball the consistency of play dough. Done!
That is awesome - I need to try.
Frogster wrote:And for something fucking bizarre and far out, I swear certain colors make me smell more. For example green or black cotton T shirt= not so pleasant smell, while white blue or red cotton T shirt (OMG, I just fucking realized that's the French flag!!!) no issue. Anybody ever noticed this?
Uh-huh - tell us more, please.

xox

Post by xox »

Enjoy, it works great and is dirt cheap.
About the colour T shirts, not much more to say, it's just plain weird and makes no fucking sense, but even my wife has noticed it...

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow »

That sounds about right. I know if I wear a green turtleneck now I'll piss my pants and forget who I am for a couple of hours.
Last edited by Holy Cow on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

xox

Post by xox »

Green is bad news...

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Trying it out. Pretty good. Not noticing excessive pit sweat, either.

D66

Post by D66 »

This last week, I've bought several non-aluminum type deo sticks, and although they smell good going on, even with lite-moderate exertion, by the end of the day, my pits smell BAD...

Does the Crystal deo keep the odor down to a tolerable level, by the end of the day? Even the Right Guard anti-persperant I was using would still allow some bad odor at the end of a hard day at work, or workout....it wasn't terrible. Just curoius how the Crystal brand handles odor?

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Chrystal is great and I rarely use soap

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Tried it out soon after Dr. Donkey's review-- lasts forever, still on the same stick.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Danny wrote:This last week, I've bought several non-aluminum type deo sticks, and although they smell good going on, even with lite-moderate exertion, by the end of the day, my pits smell BAD...

Does the Crystal deo keep the odor down to a tolerable level, by the end of the day? Even the Right Guard anti-persperant I was using would still allow some bad odor at the end of a hard day at work, or workout....it wasn't terrible. Just curoius how the Crystal brand handles odor?
It does as good or better job of odor control for me compared to regular brands for me.

The Nightman

Post by The Nightman »

Danny wrote:This last week, I've bought several non-aluminum type deo sticks, and although they smell good going on, even with lite-moderate exertion, by the end of the day, my pits smell BAD...

There's a Louisianan joke in there... but you're too nice of a guy for me to pick on you.

We switched at the advice of this thread and if they can curb the smell of my wife's pits after training, it must be some kind of BO voodoo.

The only odd thing is havin' to have your pits "wet" to get the salts to dissolve and get 'em applied.

D66

Post by D66 »

I do have a good sense of humor, but thanks!

I'm looking forward to trying this stuff; I just ordered some online yesterday, along with some of the body spray; that way when I leave the gym, and head to lunch, I smell halfway decent! I read that the stick is rough, and can scrape/irritate your armpits; has anyone here noticed that? So, if you don't wipe your armpits dry with your towel, after getting out of the shower, is the wetness that's there, enough? or, do you have to wet the top of the stick too??

I'll post my thoughts after trying it.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Don't these just replace one aluminum compound with another?
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

When your pits are dry, put the stick under one of these for a second:

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Pinky wrote:Don't these just replace one aluminum compound with another?
Yes - and air and cyanide both have nitrogen

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

But is there any evidence that the aluminum compounds in "natural" antiperspirants are absorbed into the bloodstream at a lower rate than the aluminum in the products they aim to replace?
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."