Django Unchained

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Django Unchained

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Best Tarantino movie yet. Damn near perfect. Jamie Foxx is that one nigger in ten thousand. Definitely worth seeing. Even Kaz would appreciate it.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Django Unchained

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I plan on seeing it. I like Tarantino, and I want to thumb my nose at Spike Lee's boycott of the film.

Would like to have seen someone besides Jamie Foxx cast in the title role, but on the surface it looks brilliant.

Topic author
The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Foxx was great, and you will get my comment when you see the film. Don Johnson says something that made me think of some of your comments here.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Just got home from seeing it. Another solid film from Tarantino.

DiCapprio and Waltz were brilliant, and Samuel L Jackson absolutely stole the show. Foxx was adequate, but its hard to be good when you're basically charged with being brooding and angry. He might as well have been a candle holder when he was on screen with Leo, Waltz, and Jackson.

Tarantino struck a good tone between the comedy elements and the more serious stuff.

The audience was heavy on the dark side, and they responded positively to Jackson's performance...much whooping and laughing when he came out on the front porch and gave the nigger on the horse a hard time.

I give it a strong recommendation.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I liked it a lot. My wife was turned off by the OTT violence in the third act, which goes well past prior QT films. People left the theater during the upside down Django part.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

It was an interesting experience...niggers were dead silent when old boy got torn apart by those dogs, and laughed uproariously when old girl got blown away in the "say goodbye" scene.

Jay

Post by Jay »

I enjoyed Django... the theatre was half black/half white... but I grew up in an inner city so that doesn't bother me like some of you sheltered redneck racist fucks.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Jay wrote:I enjoyed Django... the theatre was half black/half white... but I grew up in an inner city so that doesn't bother me like some of you sheltered redneck racist fucks.
You're an honorary nigger.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
RACIST!
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Fuck QT and JF. I will try to live a satisfied life despite having not seen this movie.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:It was an interesting experience...niggers were dead silent when old boy got torn apart by those dogs, and laughed uproariously when old girl got blown away in the "say goodbye" scene.
Because that part was meant to be funny. The set up was good and she flew away like a damn cartoon character after getting shot. There's nothing funny about watching a crying man plead for his life before being torn apart by dogs. Did you actually laugh at that?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:It was an interesting experience...niggers were dead silent when old boy got torn apart by those dogs, and laughed uproariously when old girl got blown away in the "say goodbye" scene.
Because that part was meant to be funny. The set up was good and she flew away like a damn cartoon character after getting shot. There's nothing funny about watching a crying man plead for his life before being torn apart by dogs. Did you actually laugh at that?
Agree... I think everyone would agree except for Grand Wizard here.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I haven't seen it yet but I laugh at very inappropriate times during movies. I also laugh when I'm in pain. I'm a bit of a weird fucker.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Did I say that I laughed at it, motherfucker?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Jay wrote:Grand Wizard
You keep stalking me, and Dale Saran is going to get jealous.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

No, that's why I asked the question, Grand Wiz.

Here's the thing... either you 1) laughed at the "Say goodbye" scene and didn't laugh at the dog mauling or 2) didn't laugh at either scene.

If 1, you reacted the same as those niggers. This would imply that your "interesting experience" was just a way for you to spout some nigger-hate since there was no difference in behavior between you and them. You're really reaching lately.

If 2, you have no sense of humor (that was possibly the funniest part of the movie) and you likely didn't laugh because your racist ass was too caught up in the color of the people on each "side" of the killing.

So which is it?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
I only stalked him once... he deserved it.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Jay wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:
I only stalked him once... he deserved it.
Look...don't go using the truth against me.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:No, that's why I asked the question, Grand Wiz.

Here's the thing... either you 1) laughed at the "Say goodbye" scene and didn't laugh at the dog mauling or 2) didn't laugh at either scene.

If 1, you reacted the same as those niggers. This would imply that your "interesting experience" was just a way for you to spout some nigger-hate since there was no difference in behavior between you and them. You're really reaching lately.

If 2, you have no sense of humor (that was possibly the funniest part of the movie) and you likely didn't laugh because your racist ass was too caught up in the color of the people on each "side" of the killing.

So which is it?
I didn't laugh at either scene. One was a pitiful man being torn apart by dogs, and the other was a woman being shot in cold blood. It would be one thing if Tarantino had setup the sister as some evil plantation dominatrix, but her character was pretty freaking neutral and she was never shown being mean or hurtful to the slaves. The fact that they attached her to a zip line didn't really make it funny to me. If she had been an evil bitch, it might have worked on some level.

If you think that I sat there and giggled every time some black person got killed or mistreated, then you are sadly mistaken. I also don't appreciate violence against women, so that's why I didn't think the goodbye scene was funny. If you think that was the funniest scene of the whole movie then you're the one that needs to do some soul searching.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:No, that's why I asked the question, Grand Wiz.

So which is it?
I didn't laugh at either scene. One was a pitiful man being torn apart by dogs, and the other was a woman being shot in cold blood. It would be one thing if Tarantino had setup the sister as some evil plantation dominatrix, but her character was pretty freaking neutral and she was never shown being mean or hurtful to the slaves. The fact that they attached her to a zip line didn't really make it funny to me. If she had been an evil bitch, it might have worked on some level.

If you think that I sat there and giggled every time some black person got killed or mistreated, then you are sadly mistaken. I also don't appreciate violence against women, so that's why I didn't think the goodbye scene was funny. If you think that was the funniest scene of the whole movie then you're the one that needs to do some soul searching.
Calm down kids, its just a movie... I laughed at that scene because it was a little unexpected. Especially when the blast launched her into the next room.

Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

I liked the movie - a slave revenge fantasy cast as a Spaghetti Western with OTT Tarantino violence (I couldn't watch all the dog scene or the Mandingo fight) and great music. Even with the comic effects, makes the evil of slavery and the powerful draw of revenge very real.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The movie moves slowly, and started to really drag before Jackson's first scene about half way through the movie. Jackson is incredible, and IMO is the only redeeming factor of the movie. Good actors, poor writing, poor pacing, and the amount of blood was stupid. Tarentino's acting didn't help. Ending was stupid.

This movie was typical post-Pulp Fiction Tarentino, and a lot like like Inglorious Bastards-- some great scenes in a meh movie. Jackson's performance is worth watching, but wait for it to come out on video.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turd may be a filthy papist but his review rings truer than true. Tarantino is an awful thieving hack, I can't conceive of this offering being worth watching sober on big screen.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Pulp Fiction was good and, for the time, different. I enjoyed Kill Bill for what it was: schlock. Most of his other movies have deeply unimpressed me. Inglorius Basterds felt like an SNL skit parodying Tarantino movies, or perhaps a short film that some comedians put together for his Friar's Roast night, except that it was too goddamn long.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Pulp Fiction was good and, for the time, different. I enjoyed Kill Bill for what it was: schlock. Most of his other movies have deeply unimpressed me. Inglorius Basterds felt like an SNL skit parodying Tarantino movies, or perhaps a short film that some comedians put together for his Friar's Roast night, except that it was too goddamn long.
The thing about Inglorious Basterds is, despite some serious weak spots, Christoph Waltz is one of the all time great villains in it.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.