For Those Enjoy Painting and Drawing as a Hobby.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I always liked that white guy with an afro that used to paint on PBS back in the 80's and early 90's.

His shit was dope. He always made sure his landscape subjects weren't lonely by painting them a little friends. Plus, he introduced me to the color Burnt Seana.

Nothing like getting getting drunk and watching some dude paint the same landscape painting ever damn weekend.

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

bigpeach
Buttnugget McTwistynutz

Post by bigpeach »

Commander Mark was the best. Foreshortening, shading, everything in 3-D, all while wearing that killer space suit.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Batboy2/75 wrote:I always liked that white guy with an afro that used to paint on PBS back in the 80's and early 90's.

His shit was dope. He always made sure his landscape subjects weren't lonely by painting them a little friends. Plus, he introduced me to the color Burnt Seana.

Nothing like getting getting drunk and watching some dude paint the same landscape painting ever damn weekend.

BB2/75
Still on. Every Sunday AM here. My boys end up watching sometimes after the various "This Old House" shows.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

I look at old Jack Kirby stuff, and currently Raf Kayanan and it is humbling. I still sketch ideas and stuff, but that is a talent area I neglected a long time ago. I always like cartoon art.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

I always wanted to paint like Frank Frazetta. The only thing that held me back was a total lack of ability.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Guiseppie
Sarge

Re: For Those Enjoy Painting and Drawing as a Hobby.

Post by Guiseppie »

For anatomy and figure drawing, I enjoyed the books by George Bridgman (especially Constructive Anatomy).

Andrew Loomis' Figure Drawing for All It's Worth was great as well. It's extremely hard to find in print, but a downloadable version's here:
http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials/7639

Edit: Whoops, link above worked before but seems to be busted. Try here instead:
http://basangpanaginip.blogspot.com/200 ... worth.html
Last edited by Guiseppie on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

My bad. The thread was cookin' and then, screech.