Game of Thrones, Season 3 motherbitches!!!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Game of Thrones, Season 3 motherbitches!!!

Post by Dunn »

Great season so far. I hope that they don't betray Sansa's trust because I like that old broad. But this is the game of thrones mufuka. They sneaky as snakes up that bitch.

Still looking at ways to get this shit without having to pay out the ass for a full cable package. Since HBO Go doesn't cater to PS3 consoles it is looking like my only other option is to get a Roku streaming device ($50) and and get HBO Go that way if it will work.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Yeah, Dunn, regarding your previous post I just pay for cable. I used to have one package up from basic but then I started working for Time Warner Cable and got every channel for free. When I quit I was already hooked on GOT so I kept HBO.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I couldn't figure out where Theon was or who was doing that to him. Lady Olenna is cool. Do you think they will betray Sansa's trust?

My wife thinks Jamie Lannister and Brienne are going to form some sort of bond. I don't think so.
I'm on book 5 so I won't spoil by sharing my opinion even though it might not matter because they're starting to stray from the story line a good bit.

You know that Ramsay Bolton has Theon because they threw the hood on him and carried him away from Winterfell in 3.1 (I think).
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

If the story threads multiply as they do in the book, we'll be down to 30 second sound bites for each character per episode. Still enjoying it though. But if Martin doesn't finish the books soon, at the pace the show is going, it'll be caught up in a couple of seasons. Maybe HBO can bring the whole thing to a conclusion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lp3RhzfgI[/youtube]
Tantum validus superstes

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

So I heard that the 6th book is pretty much finished but Martin is tweaking it a little. But he made a point of completing it because his health is going down the shitter supposedly.

My dad hadnt read a book in almost 30 years. He watched the 1st season of GOT a couple of years ago and asked me to get him the first book. I think he finished it in a week, so I bought him the rest of them and he went through all of them in a couple of months. Now every time I see him he asks me when the 6th book comes out.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Croatoa wrote:So I heard that the 6th book is pretty much finished but Martin is tweaking it a little. But he made a point of completing it because his health is going down the shitter supposedly.
Hopefully he bangs these out quick. Having HBO seasons closing in may also help him.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

If this fuckin dickhead dies before I get a resolution to a 4000 page epic I will go on a murderous rampage!
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Hahaha! I pretty much feel the same way.

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:If this fuckin dickhead dies before I get a resolution to a 4000 page epic I will go on a murderous rampage!

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Mickey O'neil wrote:Hahaha! I pretty much feel the same way.

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:If this fuckin dickhead dies before I get a resolution to a 4000 page epic I will go on a murderous rampage!
The rumor is that there are contingency plans in place to finish the book series in the event of his death. They should just activate the plan now and get the fucking thing over with.
Tantum validus superstes

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Cave Canem wrote:

The rumor is that there are contingency plans in place to finish the book series in the event of his death. They should just activate the plan now and get the fucking thing over with.
His death, or the series?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

baffled wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

Whatever gets it done.
Tantum validus superstes

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Cave Canem wrote:
baffled wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

Whatever gets it done.
The way I heard it, quoting him, is that he's talked to the producers about how he see's things ending overall, he's quibbling with himself during the writing process about the nuances.
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I've been looking forward to them depicting what showed up in last night's finale. Pretty true to the book. She should have clipped him with the whip, though. Clarke or whatever her name is does a good job getting tough.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

The last episode was just fucking awesome. A lot going on. I may watch it a second time...it may be a part of the aging process or the sad realization that I'm just not that bright but I find with some of these shows, GOT and Mad Men, a second watching helps fill in a few things that got missed or overlooked on the first viewing.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

Dunn wrote:Great season so far. I hope that they don't betray Sansa's trust because I like that old broad. But this is the game of thrones mufuka. They sneaky as snakes up that bitch.
Old broad :

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Just wait till you meet the Dornish!

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Croatoa wrote:So I heard that the 6th book is pretty much finished but Martin is tweaking it a little. But he made a point of completing it because his health is going down the shitter supposedly.
Do you have a source on that? I ask because, the update I saw from him in January would have put him about 12% done with book 6. And he is notoriously slow as balls. Book #5 was supposed to come out right after #4, and instead it took six years.
Grandpa's Spells wrote:Hopefully he bangs these out quick.
Yeah, small chance of that.
Freki wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:The rumor is that there are contingency plans in place to finish the book series in the event of his death.
The way I heard it, quoting him, is that he's talked to the producers about how he sees things ending overall, he's quibbling with himself during the writing process about the nuances.
Yeah, that's the way I heard it also. He's shared with the TV producers the planned "major" ending, but he doesn't really know all the details on how he gets there, or exactly what happens with every secondary character. So if he kicks, the producers can still resolve the major storylines more or less the way he has envisioned it.

That is a really, really considerate thing for an author to do, if you think about it.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

DARTH wrote:Just wait till you meet the Dornish!
Speaking of which, I happened to mention to a female coworker who's read all the books that I picture Princess Arianne as a Kim Kardashian-type. You'd have thought I propositioned her.

Am I alone in that?
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

JimZipCode wrote:
Do you have a source on that? I ask because, the update I saw from him in January would have put him about 12% done with book 6. And he is notoriously slow as balls. Book #5 was supposed to come out right after #4, and instead it took six years.
Grandpa's Spells wrote:Hopefully he bangs these out quick.
Yeah, small chance of that.
Freki wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:The rumor is that there are contingency plans in place to finish the book series in the event of his death.
The way I heard it, quoting him, is that he's talked to the producers about how he sees things ending overall, he's quibbling with himself during the writing process about the nuances.
Yeah, that's the way I heard it also. He's shared with the TV producers the planned "major" ending, but he doesn't really know all the details on how he gets there, or exactly what happens with every secondary character. So if he kicks, the producers can still resolve the major storylines more or less the way he has envisioned it.

That is a really, really considerate thing for an author to do, if you think about it.
If only we had a real writer here on IGx who is/was successful and considerate of his audience maybe we could get some feed back on this.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Supposedly Syrio Forel comes back, says "not today" and stabs everybody.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Supposedly Syrio Forel comes back, says "not today" and stabs everybody.
I see a Pulitzer and an Emmy.
Tantum validus superstes

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Jaqen H'ghar ties up any loose ends.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Fucking Daenerys Targaryen! And what's up with those Night's Watch homos that lost it and rebelled. Fuck those guys.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I really like this show.

However, you guys are a bunch of fucking dorks.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Just watched the latest episode. I am kind of disappointed when at the end, they jumped to Danearys standing there looking cool the next day. I was hoping they were going to show The Unsullied celebrating their freedom by going on a two day Techno-Rave with the dragons providing multi-colored bursts of flame and the former slaves "stomping the yard" with their enemies' skulls.
Don’t believe everything you think.