Game of Thrones Season 4

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Re: Game of Thrones Season 4

Post by Mickey O'neil »

baffled wrote:I'd like to discuss the light skinned black chick. Especially her breasts.
Check out my post in the gif thread.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

You're a prince, Mick.

She may be my favorite on the show.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Yeah, mine too.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

The North story line isn't my favorite, but Sunday's episode was great.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

BFly wrote:The North story line isn't my favorite, but Sunday's episode was great.
It was great stuff. Missed it Sunday, watched the last half of it last night when I got home from travel, and then had to stay up to watch the first half (and then the rest of it again) when it came back on after Veep, which was also great by the way.
Don’t believe everything you think.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Grantland had a great story on Sunday's episode.

The whole point being that Sunday's episode showed TV can compete with cinema when it comes to "epic" stories. Guessing that episode was about as expensive as any other could have been.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Slick wrap-up. They certainly gave the storylines in the North the punch they needed. The differences between the book and show on the Tyrion resolution were a little unsatisfying, but Dinklage is awesome.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

It's been so long since I read the books, that I don't recall the details of the Tywin/Tyrion goings on other than that I knew Tywin wasn't long for that world. Looking forward to Tywin's rotting corpse next season.

Tyrion should have had one more "roll in the Shae" before heading out.

The Hound/Brienne battle was awesome.

The children of the forest could have shown up 60 seconds earlier with their exploding water balloons. WTF? They were probably watching for sport.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Slick wrap-up. They certainly gave the storylines in the North the punch they needed. The differences between the book and show on the Tyrion resolution were a little unsatisfying, but Dinklage is awesome.
It's been a couple years, but I didn't notice any big differences? Or do you mean Jaimie confessing about the first wife really loving Tyrion and not being a whore?

I will say the Brienne/Hound fight was very cool.
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Freki wrote:It's been a couple years, but I didn't notice any big differences? Or do you mean Jaimie confessing about the first wife really loving Tyrion and not being a whore?
Yeah, that's what the internetz are all in an uproar about.

It didn't hurt it for me at all. I liked the book, but I also thought it was excellent as shown. Dinklage & Charles Dance are awesome.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

nafod wrote:The Hound/Brienne battle was awesome.
no way the amazon beats the hound.

the little stark girl is one strange child
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Freki wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:Slick wrap-up. They certainly gave the storylines in the North the punch they needed. The differences between the book and show on the Tyrion resolution were a little unsatisfying, but Dinklage is awesome.
It's been a couple years, but I didn't notice any big differences? Or do you mean Jaimie confessing about the first wife really loving Tyrion and not being a whore?
Right, and then Tyrion claiming he killed Joffrey.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

In the book he did, to piss Jamie off.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

Didn't love the last episode except for the end....

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Queen's Guard performs the Game of Thrones theme, during the changing of the royal guards at Buckingham Palace on Jul 15, 2014:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59SiA4Yg0A[/youtube]

The Queen visited the set of Game of Thrones a week ago or so, there were pics of her in the throne room etc. So this was germane to that, I guess.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

JimZipCode wrote:The Queen visited the set of Game of Thrones a week ago or so, there were pics of her in the throne room etc. So this was germane to that, I guess.
They play all kinds of stuff regardless of context. I went by and they were playing the Star Wars theme. This would have been 2006 and there was nothing Star Wars related going on.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Post again when they do "Rains of Castamere".
Tantum validus superstes

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Just finished Season 4. Great season. I haven't read the books, but I read a little bit about the differences between the book and the season 4 finale. Some of the changes are good, some bad IMO.

1)the amazon doesn't kill the Hound in the book, but I thought that was a good addition, rather than him dying unceremoniously from an infection
2)Arya and the Hound don't become all buddy-buddy in the book, so her leaving him to suffer makes more sense there. Since they already changed their relationship to make a better show, they should have had her finish him off. Would have made more sense. Unless the hound isn't dead...
3)the skeletons attacking Bram and co. at the end was horrible. Too cheesedick. In the book, they are ambushed by Whites(regular zombie army of the Others, not skeletons), and then they wake up and find out that a Child of the Forest saved them with "fire". But the book doesn't show any cheesy fireball throwing.
4)In the book, Tirion's whore is just a money hungry whore. She doesn't "love" him or anything. But the way they did it on the show made for more drama, IMO

3 other changes from the book that I thought were bad. These aren't from the finale:

1) In the book, when Jaime bones Cercei in Joffrey's coffin room, he literally just got back to town from his adventure with Brienne. He thought he might not survive and make it back to ever see her again. In the show, he's been back in town for a while, so the scene makes his character look more like a psycho than he really is.
2) In the book, the scimitar guy who is helping and banging Daenerys looks way different. He is from some weird country, and has blue hair and a big beard with three points on it. He dresses flamboyantly with bright colors and tons of lace. For the show, they just picked some male model looking faggot in order to appeal to female viewers. Lame change. Would have liked to see the costume for the real character.
3) In the book, Daenerys apparently has some cool henchmen who is a former prizefighter and looks like Abdullah the Butcher. They should have included him.

This is just nitpicking. The show is still awesome and they do a great job.