Gone, baby, Gone! Best movie I have seen in a long time

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
M Mahler

Gone, baby, Gone! Best movie I have seen in a long time

Post by M Mahler »

After seeing the crappy "American Gangster" which had every reason to be a great movie but ended up sucking big time! I was well on my way to losing hope in movies. I just saw "Gone, baby, gone" which is the best movie I have seen in years. Incredible acting and more importantly incredible script with tons of heavy material for adults that enjoy thought provoking movies. Great lines as well.

I am not a parent, but I think I can safely say that most parents will find that the subject matter really hits on a personal level and the moral conundrum that the main character faces at the end will stir up a lot of thinking and conversation. Which to me is what a good movie is all about.

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

Yes, it was definitely a post-movie conversation starter.

I was disappointed in American Gangster. Expectations were too high. I saw Gone Baby Gone several weeks ago and it is one of the best I've seen this year. Casey Affleck is going to get nominated for his role in that or his role in the Assassination of Jesse James.

CI
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

Topic author
M Mahler

Post by M Mahler »

cimes wrote:Yes, it was definitely a post-movie conversation starter.

I was disappointed in American Gangster. Expectations were too high. I saw Gone Baby Gone several weeks ago and it is one of the best I've seen this year. Casey Affleck is going to get nominated for his role in that or his role in the Assassination of Jesse James.

CI
No doubt Catherine and I look forward to seeing the Jessie James movie. BTW, I have your lap dance tickets ready for your next workshop in Vegas ;-)

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

Right on!!! =D>

After San Diego, I'm hoping to get going on the workshop planning and I'll be in touch.

CI
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

RyanW
PFC

Post by RyanW »

Also nice to see Ben Afflek to get back some cred' back. I am a sucker for any movie based in the Boston area or has Boston actors..Some are good like Mystic River, the Departed, Gone Baby Gone and some are bad like that movie with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore, Celtic Pride(Dan Akroyd with perhaps the worst Boston accent ever faked), Karate Kid part 3(Yes Hillary Swank was in it)

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Gone Baby Gone is one of the best I've seen in years. It is an adult movie, in the sense that it makes you face difficult moral choices.
And entertaining.

Topic author
M Mahler

Post by M Mahler »

Some great lines as well (need to see the movie to understand the context):

"bad for a cop, that is bad for a plumber"

"Go home and read a harry potter book"

H aha ha

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

RyanW wrote:Also nice to see Ben Afflek to get back some cred' back. I am a sucker for any movie based in the Boston area or has Boston actors..
Then check out "Session 9" (horror) or "Boondock Saints" (action/comedy, very over the top). Both have strong Boston/Southie atmosphere.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

MonkeyJesus
Gunny

Re: Gone, baby, Gone! Best movie I have seen in a long time

Post by MonkeyJesus »

Rather than waste a new topic, the book was entertaining. The plot really sucks you in. Before you realize, you're 300 pages in.

I think i'll check out the rest in the series (I think there are 5 total?). The movie will probably be shit to me now if I ever get around to watching it.