Henry Rollins Show Sucks!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
M Mahler

Henry Rollins Show Sucks!

Post by M Mahler »

First I'm a big fan of the band Black Flag, and as some of you may know, Henry Rollins was the lead singer for Black Flag. I also like what he did with his later project, The Rollins Band. So when I heard Henry had his own show in which he'd be interviewing interesting people and hosting music, I couldn't wait to check it out.

I watched a few episodes of his The Henry Rollins Show and it failed to engage me. After a few more viewings I realized why: Henry may talk loud and tough during his weekly rants, but if you listen to what he's saying there's zero controversy or originality. In fact, there's no substance whatsoever, just him bitching like he's post-estrogen booster shot. Unfortunately, his weekly rants are the least of the show's pathetic-ness. His sycophantic behavior with each and every guest is nausea-inducing. For me, the tipping point was an interview with William Shatner. While I'm the first to say Shatner was the best Star Trek captain of all time, that's not where Rollins was going. Nope, he actually praised Shatner for his great music! Anyone who's sampled Shatner's discography knows the horror. I'd rather listen to my dogs bark all night.

There is a comedic value to the recordings since you can't help but laugh your ass off upon listening. Next, Rollins went on to admit has all Shatner’s records and they continued a discussion of the musical process and how Shatner comes up with his great material. You've got to be kidding me! Delving into William Shatner on musical creativity is like asking George Bush about public speaking technique. Hilariously, even Henry Rollins' guests squirm in discomfort when subjected to such artificial praise. Johnny Knoxville was compelled to counter Henry’s fawning by replying that even he--Johnny--thought most of his own movies sucked! Now that was funny. Remember: if you are looking for methods to refine your ass kissing, check out Henry’s show. The single highlight from the first season was a musical performance by Slayer--even Henry couldn't mess that up

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Henry Rollins Show Sucks!

Post by DARTH »

Henry has become more and more of a liberal cunt over the years.
He's making money and having guilt over it.
I have always thought he might be a closet queer anyways.
Too bad, he was fucking awesome in 95 at Bayfront Arena.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

irontamer
Gunny

Post by irontamer »

Rollins is a pussy.

I think had everything he ever recorded back in the early 90's, but then something funny happened. I grew up.

He talks all that shit and tries to be superior, but every guest I've seen on his show has been someone who shares his same liberal viewpoint.

Wanna impress me Henry? Get Ted Nugent or Gordon Liddy on your show.

He did respond to an email I sent him about training once though, at the time he was pulling a low-500 DL.
"With 135 on the bar you don't get to be called "Bro", unless it is curls or skull crushers." -PL54

Topic author
M Mahler

Post by M Mahler »

irontamer wrote:Rollins is a pussy.

I think had everything he ever recorded back in the early 90's, but then something funny happened. I grew up.

He talks all that shit and tries to be superior, but every guest I've seen on his show has been someone who shares his same liberal viewpoint.

Wanna impress me Henry? Get Ted Nugent or Gordon Liddy on your show.

He did respond to an email I sent him about training once though, at the time he was pulling a low-500 DL.
great points Dave. I agree his show would be more interesting with a variety of guests. Gordon Liddy would be funny and would eat him alive! ha ha

His show would be a big step up if he asked his guests more challenging questions. As it is he makes Larry King look hardcore. Shit, he makes the Tyra Banks show look bad ass, ha ha

irontamer
Gunny

Post by irontamer »

I remember he was talking about "Alien vs. Predator" and just trashing it. Making fun of how stupid everything in was, on and on and on....

2 words Hank: Johnny Nuemonic
"With 135 on the bar you don't get to be called "Bro", unless it is curls or skull crushers." -PL54

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Mnemonic
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

irontamer
Gunny

Post by irontamer »

Fat Cat wrote:Mnemonic
whatever

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

irontamer wrote:I remember he was talking about "Alien vs. Predator" and just trashing it. Making fun of how stupid everything in was, on and on and on....

2 words Hank: Johnny Nuemonic
Hmm... how about Johnny Pneumonic, Bird flu epidemic disaster pic?
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Maza
Gunny

Post by Maza »

I think you guys are talking about Johnny Pneumatic, that movie about the air-pressure powered robot.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Johhny Hermeneutic...always talkin' about some book he read. Fag.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen