"Jekyll"

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

"Jekyll"

Post by GoDogGo! »

This is a six-hour BBC miniseries (2 discs from Netflix).

Minor-league scifi, but fun. A descendant of the original Dr. Jekyll starts to have uh, symptoms, and soon figures out that during his blackout periods he's turning into someone else. (The same actor plays both parts).

Turns out that his ancestor's experiments may have jacked up his genetic code so that "Mr Hyde" is now hereditary. Or maybe he's a clone? Or maybe he's the first Jekyll himself?

And of course there's a mysterious organization following him around that wants him, or Hyde, or both, for their own evil corporate purposes.

The best part is the writing. Very clever repartee. And his wife, who starts out as whiny and annoying, turns very sexy and badass once her family is threatened and she grows a spine.

Add in an interracial lesbian detective couple for more fun. Ignore the couple of wince-worthy "American" accents and enjoy the dialogue.

Worth sticking in the queue.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Jekyl: GDG!
Hyde: @D@!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

I saw this when it was airing on BBC America. It was vivid and very entertaining. Although I will say I am glad they killed off the black guy, because the way he was played was sending me into fits of hysterical laughter.

Thumbs up: lesbians, yay! And the hot chick from Bionic Woman, so much hotter as a redhead with an accent.

Thumbs down: pregnant lesbian cliche. Booo.

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

CP wrote:I saw this when it was airing on BBC America. It was vivid and very entertaining. Although I will say I am glad they killed off the black guy, because the way he was played was sending me into fits of hysterical laughter.

Thumbs up: lesbians, yay! And the hot chick from Bionic Woman, so much hotter as a redhead with an accent.

Thumbs down: pregnant lesbian cliche. Booo.
You've got to admit, though, that their back-and forth was damn funny.

"Pot... kettle!"

My wife didn't miss the black "American" either. He was hella lame.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.