Knights of Mayhem

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Knights of Mayhem

Post by Holland Oates »

Holy fucking douchebags in armor and on horseback.

It's cool that I can see dumbasses bash the ever loving fuck out of each other in heavy armor whilst jousting. But as always the douchebag factor of reality TV overpowers what little good can be enjoyed in this show.

Fuck these guys.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

The Crawdaddy

Re: Knights of Mayhem

Post by The Crawdaddy »

This is why acting and traditional scripted programming is better than the reality crap - it departs from reality and filters the day-to-day asshole factor out of your entertainment to tolerable levels.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

The Crawdaddy wrote:This is why acting and traditional scripted programming is better than the reality crap - it departs from reality and filters the day-to-day asshole factor out of your entertainment to tolerable levels.
I dig a lot of skill based reality shows. Top Chef, the first couple of seasons of Project Runway, Chopped, Ultimate Fighter, No Reservations, Dhani Tackles the Globe, Faceoff, and a few others I can't remember right now. But my problem is rather than rely on the skills of the competitors and the actual excitement of seeing something new most shitty reality tv shows rely on fake ass drama.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Edzekiel Zachariah wrote:
The Crawdaddy wrote:This is why acting and traditional scripted programming is better than the reality crap - it departs from reality and filters the day-to-day asshole factor out of your entertainment to tolerable levels.
I dig a lot of skill based reality shows. Top Chef, the first couple of seasons of Project Runway, Chopped, Ultimate Fighter, No Reservations, Dhani Tackles the Globe, Faceoff, and a few others I can't remember right now.
You will never ACHIEVE TOTAL VICTORY watching that crap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ninja_Warrior
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

nafod wrote:
I dig a lot of skill based reality shows. Top Chef, the first couple of seasons of Project Runway, Chopped, Ultimate Fighter, No Reservations, Dhani Tackles the Globe, Faceoff, and a few others I can't remember right now.
I love Ninja Warrior and Viking was cool as well but American Ninja Warrior's training camp is pretty gay. Way too much "you go bro" and ass slapping for me.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Edzekiel Zachariah wrote:I love Ninja Warrior and Viking was cool as well but American Ninja Warrior's training camp is pretty gay. Way too much "you go bro" and ass slapping for me.
That's what happens when G4 makes something 'their own'. Alls I need with my Ninja Warrior (Sauske) is subtitles so I know what that crazy Jap jibba jabba means.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

nafod wrote:
I love Ninja Warrior and Viking was cool as well but American Ninja Warrior's training camp is pretty gay. Way too much "you go bro" and ass slapping for me.
What, you didn't like the guy that ran the events wearing a mask?

I didn't get the team thing, since the whole event is pretty much just each man for himself. Actually, it is exactly each man for himself. They should have just took the best 10 at the end of it.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Yeap. Top 20, run a training camp with elimination challenges, and bring in the badasses that have either finished the course are come close every year as celebrity coaches for certain episodes.

Fucking G4 is teh suck.