Lowes vs Home Depot

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Lowes vs Home Depot

Post by Batboy2/75 »

For the second year I purchased the family Christmas trees at Lowes and not Home Depot.

Home Depot has the look and experience that it' being run by former soviet central planning officials. The place is a mess & the employees couldn't give a fuck what you want (that is if you can find an employee).

BTW-Home Depot's Christmas tree lot looked like the 7th Panzer Division had just rolled through. If you are looking for a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, this was the place.

Lowes, on the other hand is clean, well organized, and seems to employ (in my local at least) it's fair share of hot MILFs and college age girls.

The Lowes Christmas tree lot was well organized and had plenty of trees on hand. It only took me 10 minutes to find and purchase two beautiful Noble fur Christmas trees, a 9 footer and a 4 footer.

In short, Home Depot sucks donkey dick & Lowes rules (and has hot cashiers to boot.)
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Re: Lowes vs Home Depot

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Batboy2/75 wrote:For the second year I purchased my families Christmas trees at Lowes and not Home Depot.

Home Depot has the look and experience that it' being run by former soviet central planning officials. The place is a mess & the employees couldn't give a fuck what you want (that is if you can find an employee).

BTW-Home Depot's Christmas tree lot looked like the 7th Panzer Division had just rolled through. If you are looking for a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, this was the place.

Lowes, on the other hand is clean, well organized, and seems to employ (in my local at least) it's fair share of hot MILFs and college age girls.

The Lowes Christmas tree lot was well organized and had plenty of trees on hand. It only took me 10 minutes to find and purchase two beautiful Noble fur Christmas trees, a 9 footer and a 4 footer.

In short, Home Depot sucks donkey dick & Lowes rules (and has hot cashiers to boot.)
Agree with everything said, except the hot cashiers??

RyaWall

Post by RyaWall »

Plus doesnt Lowes have Gene Hackman lend his voice to their commercials

I know a few people who have and still work at Home Depot...They express their issues with Home Depot as employees. Basically Home Depot at one time hired professionals who basically needed benefits for their families... plumbers, carpenters, landscapers etc. They had to pay these type of employees more money so they had a lack of employees overall for staffing. To fix that problem they brought on board less qualified and underpaid employees who dont know or care about shit. More experienced employees carpenters, landscapers, plumbers etc couldnt handle those monkies wearing orange because it made their job more difficult so they started to leave Home Depot and go to places like Lwes or just went back to what they were doing before Home Depot. Home Depot is more than happy to replace good employees with more monkies wearing orange. In the end Home Depot which was pretty good before now sucks.
Last edited by RyaWall on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

I would have agreed 200% a few months ago. Then HD had some kind of management shakeup and when I was forced to drop into an HD to pick up something, it was totally different.

Salespeople were approaching me and asking if I needed anything, they were polite, well-informed- it was completely different from the Salesfloor of The Living Dead that I had seen there before.

MOnths later and it's still improved, at least around here. I give Lowes the edge for better floor organization, but HD no longer blows goats.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

I would have also agreed until a couple of years ago, when I had an experience with Lowes that was so bad I try to avoid them on principle. I dealt with an entire department (the one in charge of ordering and having doors installed) that was so fucking incompetent I cancelled the order and will never order anything from them again. Fuck those assholes.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Dik Tracy wrote:
Batboy2/75 wrote:For the second year I purchased my families Christmas trees at Lowes and not Home Depot.

Agree with everything said, except the hot cashiers??
Move to a better area. It's not my fault my local Lowes employs hotties to man the cash drawers.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I got to the local Christmas tree farms with the family. I take a saw, and we grab a big cart, and we wander through the lot looking for the perfect one. The kids are all bundled up, and we ususally have to dogs with us too.

Then, when we get it, the boys and I cut it down, then we wrestle it on the cart, and I take it to go get drilled out and shaken, while everyone else goes and gets hot chocolate and maybe some kind of snack and sit around a nice big roaring fire.

Then I take the tree to the truck and tie it on, and go back and sit down with the family and drink my hot cocoa.

Then we go home and put it up and decorate it.

Fuck Lowes and Home Depot.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Shaf wrote:I got to the local Christmas tree farms with the family. I take a saw, and we grab a big cart, and we wander through the lot looking for the perfect one. The kids are all bundled up, and we ususally have to dogs with us too.

Then, when we get it, the boys and I cut it down, then we wrestle it on the cart, and I take it to go get drilled out and shaken, while everyone else goes and gets hot chocolate and maybe some kind of snack and sit around a nice big roaring fire.

Then I take the tree to the truck and tie it on, and go back and sit down with the family and drink my hot cocoa.

Then we go home and put it up and decorate it.

Fuck Lowes and Home Depot.
That's a fucking waste of time.

I had a couple of Marzen home brewskis, told the kids and wife to hop in the SUV, drove down to Lowes, picked out two beautiful trees, threw them onto the Ford Expedition, drove home, & then continued drinking Marzen only to be interupted every once in a while to take pictures of the wife and kids having fun decorating the tree. Total time 1 hour.

What did we learn from this exercise?

1) Shaf is a snob and an asshole.

2) Shaf wasted a whole fucking day buying something as simple as a Christmas tree.

3) Shaf, doesn't give a rats ass about his kids and dogs because he dragged them out in the snow to catch the flu in order to watch their dad fumble around with his piece of shit Home Depot saw and curse.

4) Judging by his video log on Youtube, Shaf's kids probably didn't have a good time because he spent the whole day yelling at them. Probably telling them they couldn't have a sandwitch and to drink their goddamn cocoa.

5) Shaf is a pussy that drinks hot cocoa instead of home brew

6) BatBoy2/75 lives in the fucking high desert and doesn't have a fucking Christmas tree farm within 8 fucking driving hours of his place.

7) Even if there was a Christmas tree farm within driving distance, BatBoy has been there done that, while living in Washington State. It sucked then.

8) BatBoy loves Marzen Home brew. Especially when he brews the stuff.

9) Shaf can suck my nuts
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

How did you go about brewing the beer? I'd like to get into that, now that I am moving into a bigger house.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Fat Cat wrote:How did you go about brewing the beer? I'd like to get into that, now that I am moving into a bigger house.
Fatty,

First off visit your local home brew stores. The people that run them stores are a wealth of knowledge that your going to need, not just to get started, but way into the future.

I started with a about $100.00 of stuff and a simple starter kit.

5 gallon stainless steel pot, 5 gallon food grade bucket, 5 gallon glass carboy, 5 cases of glass bottles, one air stopper, bottle cap press, bottle caps, plastic tubing, bottle washing brush.

Can of Beer starter (this is your premade wort)
Brewers malt and sugar
yeast

Make a couple of batches of the easier premade wort in a can first before going onto the "real" wort, where you follow or create your own recipes.

Don't get try rushing into making your own wort untill you've mastered to the general process. The wort in a can isn't all that bad since you can buy almost any beer style you can imaging. Once you've got the beer making process down then start experimenting with an established beer recipe that you can't fuck up. After you mastered this jump in and get creative.

I've skipped using all the lingo, but that's the readers digest version.

BTW- nothing makes a house smell as good as the smell of beer cooking on the stove.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I could get into this. I like homemade stuff. I'll get back to you when I am ready to start.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Batboy2/75 wrote:What did we learn from this exercise?

2) Shaf wasted a whole fucking day buying something as simple as a Christmas tree.

3) Shaf, doesn't give a rats ass about his kids and dogs because he dragged them out in the snow to catch the flu in order to watch their dad fumble around with his piece of shit Home Depot saw and curse.

4) Judging by his video log on Youtube, Shaf's kids probably didn't have a good time because he spent the whole day yelling at them. Probably telling them they couldn't have a sandwitch and to drink their goddamn cocoa.
LOL...Thanks Bats
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Take it up the ass, Batboy, you bug-hunting twink. Two poz loads.

That doesn't take more than a hour or two. High Desert or Slushy wasteland studded with trees.

You get the flu from being exposed to the flu.

I've stopped yelling at the kids ever since I doubled my lithium dose.

My saw is so kick ass that Really Big Strong Guy would get a boner looking at it.

Other than that, the beer idea is not too bad.

bigpeach
Buttnugget McTwistynutz

Post by bigpeach »

Lowes has always publicized that their marketing and store design is geared toward women.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

bigpeach wrote:Lowes has always publicized that their marketing and store design is geared toward women.
You should be at home then.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Shaf wrote:Take it up the ass, Batboy, you bug-hunting twink. Two poz loads.
If you're accusing me of tagging Mrs. Shapecharge, then guilty as charged.

Shaf wrote:That doesn't take more than a hour or two. High Desert or Slushy wasteland studded with trees.
Listen, meth may give you the idea that time is going by faster, but it's not.
Shaf wrote:You get the flu from being exposed to the flu.
What ever helps you sleep at night.
Shaf wrote:I've stopped yelling at the kids ever since I doubled my lithium dose.
But have you stopped beating them?
Shaf wrote:My saw is so kick ass that Really Big Strong Guy would get a boner looking at it.
Whoa, that's pretty damn gay. What are you trying to say Shaf?
Shaf wrote:Other than that, the beer idea is not too bad.
Of course it is, I thought of it.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Is Lowes selling IPods now?

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Jack wrote:It's spelt iPod bischo!

I don't know, but if they are, wake up and buy one. ](*,)
Once again, I would like to know if you have to buy the extended length headphones or is the chord long enough?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

CP wrote:

Once again, I would like to know if you have to buy the extended length headphones or is the chord long enough?
He just wears the thing in a headband.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Best product review to date.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Pinky wrote:
CP wrote:

He just wears the thing in a headband.
That explains it. I was thinking some kind of Bluetooth deal, but then he'd run into range issues.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

From my mountaintop (OK, hilltop) aerie, I can walk down to my local microbrew pub. No DIY beer for me. Or trees.

drwillis
Gunny

Post by drwillis »

Down with them both. I stopped going to the Home Depot in Allen because the people were rude when you could find someone to help you. The store was a complete mess and no one seemed to care and pick things up. When I moved to my current location, the nearest Home Depot is in Wylie. This store is about half the size of the Allen store is was in 10 times worse shape. You cannot get up and down the isles if there is more than 2 people there.
Started going to Lowes in Rockwall. This is a joke as well. I went in a few weeks ago looking for the plastic hooks that hang on gutters to hold Christmas lights. When I could not find them right away, I decided that I would ask someone to help me locate them. That was a mistake. The store has 2 areas for Christmas stuff so I walked around the store looking for someone to help me in both areas. No one around, so I finally found some fat chick and asked her to which she replied they are sold out. She did not offer to show me where they were or even point me in the right direction. I gave up and found the other things that I needed to buy (drywall compound, sheet rock) and was walking down the Christmas isle stuff when I noticed the display with the hangers in it. The display was not in plain view unless you were specifically looking for just it. Of course there were packages of hangers. So, I ended up getting what I came for but the service at both places suck.
I miss the Payless Cashways and McCoys. Lowes and Home Depot can afford to be worthless because they hold the market on home repair stuff.
Walmart is the same way and I refuse to shop at or support Walmart.

MonkeyJesus
Gunny

Post by MonkeyJesus »

Based on my employment history, I can tell you that if you shop at Home Depot... you probably like to suck cock. If you are from NC and prefer HD over Lowes... there is not limit to your faggotry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_on_the_job_reunion You won't get this at some pos like Home Depot