Ip Man: The Final Fight

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Ip Man: The Final Fight

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

They should have called this movie 'Ip Man: Steel Magnolias' because it was a lot like watching 'Steel Magnolias', 'The Blind Side', or 'Pretty Woman'. Only difference being is that this latest Ip Man flick had slightly more kung fu than those other films.

Where to start...ok, fuck this movie. That's a good place to kick it off. Honestly, I don't know why this thing was even made. If you're not going to even attempt to outdo the recent Donnie Yen offerings then what is the point? The film kicks off with Ip Man in his later years when he gets a bug up his ass, and decides to move to Hong Kong in order to make some money. Nice idea, but he completely fucks it up by sitting around on his curmudgeonly ass. He's supposed to be a kung fu teacher, but is too lazy and proud to even hang up a sign or open a halfway decent school. He ends up living in some hovel on top of a rooftop, and somehow manages to attract a group of students who kick in enough money to keep him in blackest poverty. This is only the first of many nonsensical plot devices.

I really don't understand the hard on that has developed for Ip Man over the last few years and all of these movies that are being made. Of course, in typical dumbass fashion I've watched them all. Ip Man was a guy who was never in a single real fight in his entire life. Before becoming Bruce Lee's teacher he was mostly known for clocking some round eye cop and then running back to his dorm room. The heavens then blessed him by giving him a student that went on to become arguably the most famous martial artist on the planet. This made Ip Man the equivalent of a guy that was born on third base, and everybody thinks he hit a triple.

Anthony Wong is like a walking bottle of Nyquil. Where they drug up this half-a-chink, sleepy eyed faggot I'll never know. In spite of looking like he's made out of dogshit and cookie dough, compared to the real Ip Man he's practically blessed with the BBC genetics. Those who have seen the pics and footage of the real deal know what I’m talking about. This is a guy who would get worked over by practically any 15 year old Golden Gloves contender from any state in the Union, and here these chinks are making 10 movies a year about the fucking guy.

The last part of the film speeds up a bit with halfway decent action, but you’ve had to slog through the morbidly boring first 2/3’s to get there. This movie is fucking dogshit…don’t bother with it.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Ip Man: The Final Fight

Post by baffled »

Did you watch The Grandmaster?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I haven't seen that one, but I'm not liking what I've read about it. Sounds even more subdued and introspective than this turd.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I usually don't have a problem with Tony Leung.... and I never have a problem with Zhang Ziyi being onscreen, but this thing was like one of those turds you're kind of excited for because you think it's going to be the one that clears out your system in one continuous log.... but then half way through, it breaks up, and turns into mud butt.

The Grandmaster didn't get to the halfway mark before it became cinematic mud butt.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Thanks for the heads up...I will avoid like the plague.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Am I the only one that thinks Bruce Lee was a bigger faggot than Muhammad Ali? He was a fucking movie fighter that kicked the shit out of a few willing students. From what I've read he never really trained under one specific art for any extended period of time.

Any hoo fuck this bullshit. JCVD rulez all these motherfuckers.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Yes Ed,you are the only one.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Mario, this forum isn't fit for niggers.
Last edited by Kazuya Mishima on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Ed Zachary wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Bruce Lee was a bigger faggot than Muhammad Ali?
No, you're not the only one...Bruce Lee was an actor and Ali is the most overrated boxer in the history of the sport. As a random example, Larry Holmes was much more technically sound and dominated his era in a way that Ali never did. Ali's reputation is bolstered by the fact that he was such a showman and media pariah/darling depending on which way you see it.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

What just happened?
- Buck Brannaman

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

What separates this is those who sparred/fought with Ali or Bruce Lee,.. reporting. Anecdote,. but consistent... they were on another level... Rickson-esque.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

LeBell put Lee in a headlock and ran up and down the road with him. Kung pow booollllsheeet.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

baffled wrote:What just happened?
Boom!

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Bruce Lee was a bigger faggot than Muhammad Ali?
No, you're not the only one...Bruce Lee was an actor and Ali is the most overrated boxer in the history of the sport. As a random example, Larry Holmes was much more technically sound and dominated his era in a way that Ali never did. Ali's reputation is bolstered by the fact that he was such a showman and media pariah/darling depending on which way you see it.
This post sucks coon dick and you know it.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

baffled wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:
This post sucks coon dick and you know it.
Get outta here with that shit. Ali is a draft dodging mooslim, and spent the last part of his career laying on the ropes waiting for guys to tire out.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Little hard to be technically sound when Frasier and Foreman are across the ring from you. Holmes was great, but never got tested the way that Ali did. Ali was a great hype man, but his greatest fights never disappointed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEjU-BFS8c[/youtube]
Last edited by Turdacious on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Turdacious wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:
Little hard to be technically sound when Frasier and Foreman are across the ring from you. Holmes was great, but never got tested the way that Ali did.
Holmes passed the Ali test (***waits for responses about how Ali was 157 years old when they fought***).

Ali was GREAT...he is also the most OVERRATED fighter of all time which is my only point. Ask 100 people who's the greatest boxer of all-time and I bet the majority will say Ali. It ain't so.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

We all know Tyson is the GOAT.

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Well, hold on now...

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Motherfuckers...
- Buck Brannaman

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Jack Dempsey.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

TomFurman wrote:Jack Dempsey.
Definitely higher on my list of favorites.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

baffled wrote:Motherfuckers...
LOL

Yep

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I really hate this place sometimes.