New Balance MT10SO

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
SubClaw

New Balance MT10SO

Post by SubClaw »

I like them. A lot.

Pros: great price, comfortable as fuck, wide toe room and no laces.

Cons: maybe the sole is a little bit thick for my taste (I'm used to the VFF, so I'm biased) but, since it's supposed to be a trail minimal shoe it's okay.

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: New Balance MT10SO

Post by Protobuilder »

I am on my 5th pair of 00s and have worn the MT20s as well - this shoe is in between and appears solid. I believe that my wife may have a pair or two of them, in fact.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Topic author
SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

It's way to soon but, apparently, they kinda fixed the stink issue.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

SubClaw wrote:It's way to soon but, apparently, they kinda fixed the stink issue.
Not sure what happened to that. My initial several pairs had the issue as much as any. I mentioned it to NB and they said that it was likely the material that was included to make them more comfortable to be worn with no socks. However, subsequent pairs have been better though perhaps it's because I rotate them more frequently.

The MT20 have no problem in this area.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Terry B. wrote:
Not sure what happened to that. My initial several pairs had the issue as much as any. I mentioned it to NB and they said that it was likely the material that was included to make them more comfortable to be worn with no socks. However, subsequent pairs have been better though perhaps it's because I rotate them more frequently.

The MT20 have no problem in this area.
I'm on day 3 of a trip with my NBs, and they have reached a triple wrap packing funk after i sweated them out on day one and then had to pack them away for the next leg of the trip. Heh.

Topic author
SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

nafod wrote:I'm on day 3 of a trip with my NBs, and they have reached a triple wrap packing funk after i sweated them out on day one and then had to pack them away for the next leg of the trip. Heh.
Which model?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

SubClaw wrote:
nafod wrote:I'm on day 3 of a trip with my NBs, and they have reached a triple wrap packing funk after i sweated them out on day one and then had to pack them away for the next leg of the trip. Heh.
Which model?
Minimus, worn without socks
Don’t believe everything you think.