Road to Perdition.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Road to Perdition.

Post by Andy77 »

Third time I watched it. Jeebus!! Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor. There are so many scenerios I didn't remember. Won't mind watching it again.
Obama...'I burned your house down and saved you from slipping in the bathtub." ...Greg Gutfeld.

Schlegel

Re: Road to Perdition.

Post by Schlegel »

The author of Road to Perdition, Max Collins, is an understated writer with a deapan way that works well for hard-boiled stories. Lately he's been doing a lot of TV show books (like CSI, etc.) that I have no interest in, but his work with his own characters has some classic stuff. I particularly like his Nathan Heller books with their Chicago based mise-en-scene stories. He takes a historical event/crime, and usually inserts his detective in place of where somebody really did hire a detective and then riffs on his private version of history. Most are set in the teens through fifties. He does massive amounts of research into the crimes he writes about.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

vern

Post by vern »

Any remake of Lone Wolf and Cub is OK by me.

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Schlegel wrote:The author of Road to Perdition, Max Collins, is an understated writer with a deapan way that works well for hard-boiled stories.
It was the one and only graphic novel I've read and I couldn't put it down.