RUSH Timemachine Live in Cleavland premeire at the theaters.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

RUSH Timemachine Live in Cleavland premeire at the theaters.

Post by DARTH »

http://www.dandeentertainment.com/rush-time-machine/

Last night I took my 9 year old, Giddy LIam (new nickname) to a theater in Fairfax,Va to see the big screen premeire of Rush's Timemachine; Live from Cleavland in all it's big screen and big sound glory.

It was AWESOME!

No wading through bodies to get a good spot to stand, no worries about him getting lost in a crowd, no worries about contact highs when everyone tooks up durring Passage to Bangkock and Tom Sawyer.

When a 9 year old sits attentivly, with no piss breaks for a 2 hour 40 minute concert film you know it's got something going.

They do some real cool skits, the opening, the intermission and ending skits were funny as hell and really cool if your a Rush addict and get all the little bones and names thrown in. A Polka version of Spirit of Radio and a Country version of Closer to the Heart LOL!

As for the meat, the performance.

For years Rush has prided itself on playing it's songs as close to the album as possable. This is a strength but can also be a weakness. Well they were much looser than I have seen them in years (I have seen them 3 times live and have or had every live album and video they have) They would play the songs as known but durring a few they would swithc the tempo or even the time signature as well as accentuaating certian notes from a riff. They did an awesome version of La Vella Strangiato this way and Working man starts out as bad ass Reggae and then blast into it as we know it before speeding up durring Alex's solo where Alex showed he can play as fast or faster than these young kids like Jeff Loomis or Synister Gates.

They played 2 songs from a forthcoming album that were great, one was heavy as anything from 2112.

Now I usually hate drum solos but Peart did one that was more compassision and it really had the boy enthralled.
(He has a Bass but he shows alot of promise when he get's on his little bro's drums as well.)

Durring Clockwork Angels , one of the images was of an American soldier manning a 50 cal on a Humvee and he had Angel wings. Great statement of support when so many in rock are bleeding heart libs. My boy raised his fist in salute when he saw that. Made Dad proud.

The whole thing was great, they stilll have the chops and the energy and ever since they came back from Pearts sabatical following the death of his daughter and wife, they have had a new energy, almost a rock and roll mandate to kick ass.

Oh and Alex Lifeson is fucking God! :rock:

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Croatoa

Re: RUSH Timemachine Live in Cleavland premeire at the theat

Post by Croatoa »

Any solos by Geddy?

I saw Rush live a few years ago here in Vancouver and it was fucking awesome.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

If you mean stand alone Bass solo? No.

He did solo with in songs and he is still a Freak.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

DARTH wrote:If you mean stand alone Bass solo? No.

He did solo with in songs and he is still a Freak.
Big Ged fan right here. He's partly to blame for my 'incorrect' single finger picking style.

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

Rush is simply the greatest band ever. I will allow an allowance for the Beatles but that's it. I've seen them probably 20 times and the Snakes and Arrows tour a couple of years back was the best time I've ever seen them. They just keep getting better.
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman

bigpeach
Buttnugget McTwistynutz

Post by bigpeach »

That they don't have a channel on SiriusXM is a travesty.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

bigpeach wrote:That they don't have a channel on SiriusXM is a travesty.
Perhaps this is a little extreme (note I own every album except Caress of Steel) - but not that much.

A true travesty is the repeated snubbings by the RRHoF. THAT is fucking ludicrous.

In support of the OP, I caught part of this on TV the other night - Fios has a channel that does concerts pretty much 24/7. Awesome. Made me deeply regret missing this time around.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The Crawdaddy wrote:A true travesty is the repeated snubbings by the RRHoF. THAT is fucking ludicrous.
Especially when you consider that Abba is in. There is something not right with the world.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule