Son of Batman movie

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Son of Batman movie

Post by Dunn »

New DC animated flick may have been leaked into the torrentz......

Beautifully animated and DC continues to create some of the best animated adaptations out there. It's right up there with Under the Red Hood and Flashpoint. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Son of Batman movie

Post by DARTH »

Red Hood was bitching! I

A real pay off for being a Daddy is when you put on one of your kid's vids and it's great.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

DC is knocking them over the fence right bow with their animated stuff.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I love anything animated that has Deathstroke in it, but putting him on level with Damian Wayne looked MAD stupid (ESPECIALLY after that fight in Arkham Origins). Good flick. Great animation. Great action. Won't be picking it up on legit blu-ray status, but totally worth watching. DC OWNS with it's animated projects and pretty much always has. Check your internets for the awesome Batman animated shorts we've been blessed with on this, The Bat's 75th year.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I haven't seen many cartoons since the Scooby Doo series ended but that wasn't bad. More suggestions of this type would be welcome.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Phaedrus wrote:I haven't seen many cartoons since the Scooby Doo series ended but that wasn't bad. More suggestions of this type would be welcome.
Pretty much everything Batman, Superman, and Justice League that's been put out in the last six or seven years is excellent. Most of them are based on really good story arcs that they had the sense not to screw up. IMO you won't go wrong with (in no particular order):
All Star Superman
JL: Flashpoint Paradox
JL: New Frontier
Batman: Year One
Batman: Dark Knight Returns (1 & 2)

The Marvel stuff is generally just ok, although the Dr. Strange animated movie was solid. The two Hellboy animated movies were good, although not DC good.

If you never saw it, the Batman animated series that was on in the 90's still ages well.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Turdacious wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:I haven't seen many cartoons since the Scooby Doo series ended but that wasn't bad. More suggestions of this type would be welcome.
Pretty much everything Batman, Superman, and Justice League that's been put out in the last six or seven years is excellent. Most of them are based on really good story arcs that they had the sense not to screw up. IMO you won't go wrong with (in no particular order):
All Star Superman

The Marvel stuff is generally just ok, although the Dr. Strange animated movie was solid. The two Hellboy animated movies were good, although not DC good.

If you never saw it, the Batman animated series that was on in the 90's still ages well.
I always thought they were fan films. DC actually puts them out? Are they "straight to DVD" kind of things.

Suggestions appreciated - will check them out this evening.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Phaedrus wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
All Star Superman

I always thought they were fan films. DC actually puts them out? Are they "straight to DVD" kind of things.

Suggestions appreciated - will check them out this evening.
AFAIK they are DC produced; they are all straight to DVD. Anytime.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Yep, all studio produced. DC has been doing a phenomenal job with their comic-toons for MAD long. The only Marvel animated movie that did it for me was Hulk vs. Iffin you're a fan of this kind of fare, I'd recommend that you just dive in. Batman: The Animated Series & Justice League are perfect examples of how to adapt great comic stories into a different medium. Oh, also, check out Batman: Gotham Knight.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I like Young Justice as well.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Went through "Batman: Dark Knight Returns" and rather liked it.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

EZ makes a good point-- if you like the stuff that's geared more toward kids, most of the DC series' are solid. I like how they run season long storylines. Marvel does not do it as well.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I've been watching the Green Lantern series on Netflix with my 4 year old. It's so much better than the movie. She has to hold my arm during the "scary" i.e., high action parts, but likes it even though much of it is over her head. We watched the old Batman and Superman animated series and Justice League first. So she had an exposure to the superhero stuff. GL is more complex and involved, and assumes the viewer doesn't need the origin story (wish Hollywood would figure that out). It's a season long story arc. Essentially an 8 hour movie serial.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Thinking back, JLU season 1 was really good (despite the large amount of filler episodes). They way they worked in Green Arrow and The Question (with a real Rorschach from Watchmen vibe) gave it a really dark tone while remaining kid friendly.