Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Sunshine

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Holy fuck that sucked.

Suffered from the "holy fuck we're scientists and astronauts, so we are fucking retarded assholes" syndrome.

Also:

1. Mysterious anti-gravity generator. Technology was not high enough to have this magical device.
2. Stupid prop...aka the big golden sun space suit.
3. Spiritual retardation
4. Poor acting, stupid characters

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Re: Sunshine

Post by GoDogGo! »

I think this got reviewed (and universally hated-on) earlier in this forum.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Jack wrote:I liked it until the ending where it got kind'a supernatural.
I agree with this. The out-of-focus Freddie Kruger sucked.

The artificial gravity, btw, appeared to come from rotation.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

My wife conveniently "forgot" that I had said this sucked, and rented it. What a missed opportunity. Great sets, beautiful visuals, and a totally unnecessary slasher distraction.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

What they should have done is stick with the kind of suspense you have in a submarine movie at the end. Crushed by pressure or incinerated by the sun works the same way.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Pinky wrote:What they should have done is stick with the kind of suspense you have in a submarine movie at the end. Crushed by pressure or incinerated by the sun works the same way.
Exactly. Finding the other ship and finding out that they all went nuts was sufficient. You didn't need Freddy.

I will say that I liked the crew and that for the most part they WEREN'T dumbasses. They seemed very focused and knew the godawful stakes they were fighting for.

I particularly liked how Cillian Murphy just hung out and said nothing during the new captains' little "I'm the captain, you can't leave me behind" shitfit, because what he was saying was so completely stupid that CM didn't need to answer it, and how the two women did the same during the little fistfight. Just stood there, rolled their eyes, and waited for the guys to grow the fuck up.

The pilot was totally badass, in how he croaked trying to get the computer back online. That was someone who was willing to go all the way in completing the mission.

so they had all that going for them, and then tried to turn the movie into a stupid slasher film. What the fuck?

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Loved the visuals. Liked the initial plot. Completely fell apart in the 3rd act.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar