The Avengers

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Re: The Avengers

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Awesome movie. The Hulk stole the shoe, IMO.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

He also stole the show.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

WildGorillaMan wrote:By far the best of all the Marvel superhero movies of recent years. Pretty much fires on all cylinders from start to finish.
Agreed.

My only issue with the movie, which even my wife agreed with (and mocked with me), was how stupid it was to watch Black Widow fighting the Chitari with her little pop gun. She's both easy on the eyes and easy on the Chitari.

I guess her own movie is in the works.

For those Avengers fans/geeks, I tried finding out about Black Widow's telepathic powers, couldn't find anything. Was this something she got just for this movie, or is there a history to it?

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

What a duck says wrote: For those Avengers fans/geeks, I tried finding out about Black Widow's telepathic powers, couldn't find anything. Was this something she got just for this movie, or is there a history to it?
That bit could have been written better. I took it as she's supposed to have deduced Loki's strategy from talking to him. Don't think any telepathy was meant to be implied, that would be a major change to the character.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Schlegel wrote:
What a duck says wrote: For those Avengers fans/geeks, I tried finding out about Black Widow's telepathic powers, couldn't find anything. Was this something she got just for this movie, or is there a history to it?
That bit could have been written better. I took it as she's supposed to have deduced Loki's strategy from talking to him. Don't think any telepathy was meant to be implied, that would be a major change to the character.
Hence my confusion. Grassyass.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

ButterCupPowerRanch wrote:Awesome movie. The Hulk stole the shoe, IMO.
spoiler alert!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I thought it was ok, a B or B+. A lot of mindless action (hulk vs. black widow for example or the endless trashing of NYC at the end -- that reminded me of Transformers). Robert Downey Jr and the Hulk were both good.
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain." —Miyamato Musashi, A Book of Five Rings

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I saw it again.

It's still pretty awesome.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Bram wrote:Robert Downey Jr and the Hulk were both good.
I agree. And the best scene is Fat Cat's current sig.

Captain America was the weakest link, which is not surprising after watching his movie.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I actually liked Captain America quite a bit, largely due to his uniqueness as a throwback with a focused, unselfish sense of duty that is missing from the other characters.

I thought The Hulk was incredible but Ruffalo, terrible.

vern

Post by vern »

I finally watched this and really enjoyed it.

My only complaint was that the bluray gag reel didn't have Harry Dean Stanton screaming "Avenge me! Avenge me!"
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski