The Expanse - season 1 on prime

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sassenach
ironslinger

The Expanse - season 1 on prime

Post by Sassenach »

I started watching this because I kept coming across posts on facebook and reddit going on about how good it was. I binged season 1 on prime and as it turns out facebook and reddit are right - it's good. It's based off a series of books by James S. A. Corey (that I'm going to have to read now while I wait for season 2 to show up on prime).

If you like slow-burn gritty sci-fi that gets the science right, this is for you. If you like your sci-fi more towards the futuristic utopia puppies and kittens variety this is definitely not your bag. It's full of gritty senseless violence, death, unfairness, and flawed antiheroes but it's surprisingly not a depressing grind to watch. If you have a few hours to kill, sit down and give it a try.
Attachments
TheExpanse.jpg
TheExpanse.jpg (367.07 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The Expanse - season 1 on prime

Post by Pinky »

I agree completely. It's good enough that I was surprised it's on the Syfy network.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The Expanse - season 1 on prime

Post by baffled »

Yup. I go over every week to watch with my dad.

Season 2 is good, too. I'm still surprised at the production quality, the writing is pretty good, acting is good enough.

I don't get the "Game of Thrones in space" comparison. I think it's really unique.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman