Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

The Legend is Born - Ip Man

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Dog shit.

This movie has nothing to do with the two Donnie Yen films, but the packaging on the US DVD release would sure lead you to believe that it was the third film in the series. Shame on me for not knowing.

The fight choreography is awful...they really spend too much time fucking about with the trapping movements...they tried to make the fighting look technical and sophisticated but it just comes off as silly. Gone are the scenes of Donnie Yen fist raping a bad guys face...we're just left with the geeky lead actor gently slapping everyone's arms...terrible.

The only thing this movie had going for it was Louis Fan who is an amazing martial artist and can actually act. That, and the fact that Sammo Hung dies early, so we don't have to watch his blubbery ass wallow around scowling.

I know fuck all about the lead actor, but they need to kick his scrawny ass back to the noodle shop. Not only is he a terrible actor, but nobody would believe for one second that this chinless beanpole could knock the skin off of a three egg pudding.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: The Legend is Born - Ip Man

Post by Fat Cat »

Shut you mouth you talk about Sammo.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I just don't care for him. Not a Jackie Chan fan, either (except for Legend of Drunken Master).

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You are dead to me.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

LOL...oh noes!!!!!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Dead men don't post!!!