Toy Hunter

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Toy Hunter

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Show in the same vein as American Pickers, where this guy goes and searches for vintage toys from the 60s-80s. Can't tell you how many times I watch him pick something out of some collector's horde and go "damn, I had that exact toy when I was a kid."

Then he tells you how much it's worth and I hate myself for every actually opening them up and playing with then. I could seriously retire on all the Star Wars, Star Trek, G.I. Joe, and Transformers I had when I was 10.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Toy Hunter

Post by DARTH »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:Show in the same vein as American Pickers, where this guy goes and searches for vintage toys from the 60s-80s. Can't tell you how many times I watch him pick something out of some collector's horde and go "damn, I had that exact toy when I was a kid."

Then he tells you how much it's worth and I hate myself for every actually opening them up and playing with then. I could seriously retire on all the Star Wars, Star Trek, G.I. Joe, and Transformers I had when I was 10.

Same here man. I have seen alot of the shit I had go for good $$$ on that show.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I don't want to know how much the star wars toys I had when I was 7 would be worth now. Probably just depressing to find how much money I lost by melting Darth Vader on the Franklin stove.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Schlegel wrote:I don't want to know how much the star wars toys I had when I was 7 would be worth now. Probably just depressing to find how much money I lost by melting Darth Vader on the Franklin stove.

You sick Motherfucker
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I still have a fully functional Megatron that I kept when my boys outgrew the toy stuff.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Megatron was cool as hell. NFW you could market a toy that looked exactly like a P-38 today.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Our toy guns were the shit! I had what my friends called " The armoury" as a kid. I probably got a new toy gun every month. They would come over and everyone had a toy long arm, a sub gun and a pistol or 2. To the point to where we could play WW2, Vietnam or Deta Force and be pretty period correct.

I had M-16s that looked like M-16s,M-1's that looked like M-1s, Uzi's that looked like Uzis an AK-47 that was so realistic it almost got me shot by one of my step dad's vet friends when I jumped out the bushes in all black, web gear and a Boonie hat. "Fuck Walt I almost drew down on your boy here! He looks like a Gook! Little fucker understands an ambush I see." (Guy had been wounded by and killed a VC who came out at him just like that I was told.)

I had a steel and wood 1911 you could rob a liquer store with.

I will say my boy's Nerf blasters are neat as shit. Interchangable parts, rails, for handles, optical sights. Great cival defense toys but painted yellow and blue. My oldest allready handles it like a pro, no from the hip bullshit. First time he shot a paintball gun last month he was dead on after the first few rounds.

My shit was all black or camoed out like the pics of the weapons I would see in old SOF mags.

In rural NY we played war and then as we got preteen we started using BB guns on each other.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy