Where The Wild Things Are

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Where The Wild Things Are

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Bi-Polar boy runs away from single mom, meets bitchy unhappy monsters, and they spend the entire movie talking about a bunch of emo shit nobody cares about.

Darkest and most depressing kiddie movie EVAR.

Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Re: Where The Wild Things Are

Post by Andy77 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Bi-Polar boy runs away from single mom, meets bitchy unhappy monsters, and they spend the entire movie talking about a bunch of emo shit nobody cares about.

Darkest and most depressing kiddie movie EVAR.
Why are you attracted to that kind of shit in the first place? Come back to the real world, child.
Obama...'I burned your house down and saved you from slipping in the bathtub." ...Greg Gutfeld.

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I have kids...they wanted to see it.

Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Post by Andy77 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:I have kids...they wanted to see it.
Try to be a better parent.
Obama...'I burned your house down and saved you from slipping in the bathtub." ...Greg Gutfeld.

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I will.

For instance, we're going to play Wii Fit on your grave.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I liked the movie but it wasn't a kiddie movie at all. I would have been better off taking them to see Zombieland.

The kid was a great actor, the muppets were awesome, and I liked the action and story but it was too intense for young children.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Andy77
Lifetime IGer

Post by Andy77 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:I will.

For instance, we're going to play Wii Fit on your grave.
Sorry, no grave for me. Immortal.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

It was my favorite book when I was a kid and I went and saw it last night. It wasn't bad but I do not recommend. Definitely way too emo.

And wasn't the book only like 20 pages of mostly pictures?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This was almost incomprehensible.

A touch bizarre. My daughter didn't really like it all that much, she's 6. Neither did I.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Raold Dahl is the author of the original book. An odd duck. Spy, air ace over the European theater, writer of children's books. I like his adult fiction. It's kinda O'Henry for the dejected and demoralized.

Born in Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales, to Norwegian parents, he served in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War, in which he became a flying ace and intelligence agent. He rose to prominence in the 1940s with works for both children and adults, and became one of the world's bestselling authors. His short stories are known for their unexpected endings, and his children's books for their unsentimental, often very dark humour.

Trip

Post by Trip »

T200 wrote:It was my favorite book when I was a kid and I went and saw it last night. It wasn't bad but I do not recommend. Definitely way too emo.

And wasn't the book only like 20 pages of mostly pictures?
yeah, my fav book too. Movie kinda freaked me out.

BabaLoo
Staff Sergeant

Post by BabaLoo »

seeahill wrote:Raold Dahl is the author of the original book. An odd duck. Spy, air ace over the European theater, writer of children's books. I like his adult fiction. It's kinda O'Henry for the dejected and demoralized.

Born in Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales, to Norwegian parents, he served in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War, in which he became a flying ace and intelligence agent. He rose to prominence in the 1940s with works for both children and adults, and became one of the world's bestselling authors. His short stories are known for their unexpected endings, and his children's books for their unsentimental, often very dark humour.
nice try.
Sendak gained international acclaim after writing and illustrating Where the Wild Things Are, although the book's depictions of fanged monsters concerned some parents when it was first released, as his characters were somewhat grotesque in appearance. Sendak's seeming attraction to the forbidden or nightmarish aspects of children's fantasy have made him a subject of controversy. The monsters in the book were actually based on relatives who would come to weekly dinners. Because of their broken English and odd mannerisms, they were the perfect basis for the monsters in Sendak's book. Before Where the Wild Things Are, Sendak was best known for illustrating Else Holmelund Minarik's Little Bear series of books.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Sendak

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Seriously Cahill, a massive AIDS explosion of failure.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

One of my favorite books. Became one of my kid's favorite books.

The movie was fucking horrid. Made my kid cry. Emo on a steroid budget. Spike Jonze can suck it.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Duh.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

seeahill wrote:Duh.
Care to elucidate, Mr. author?

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

BabaLoo wrote:
seeahill wrote:Raold Dahl is the author of the original book. An odd duck. Spy, air ace over the European theater, writer of children's books. I like his adult fiction. It's kinda O'Henry for the dejected and demoralized.

nice try.
Sendak gained international acclaim after writing and illustrating Where the Wild Things Are, although the book's depictions of fanged monsters concerned some parents when it was first released, as his characters were somewhat grotesque in appearance. Sendak's seeming attraction to the forbidden or nightmarish aspects of children's fantasy have made him a subject of controversy. The monsters in the book were actually based on relatives who would come to weekly dinners. Because of their broken English and odd mannerisms, they were the perfect basis for the monsters in Sendak's book. Before Where the Wild Things Are, Sendak was best known for illustrating Else Holmelund Minarik's Little Bear series of books.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Sendak
Lasalle, did you see this?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

#-o
the FNG strikes again.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

lasalle wrote:
seeahill wrote:Duh.
Care to elucidate, Mr. author?
Sure, fine. OK. I've been here ten years and in that time I have been a beacon of reason and civility. I have been an oasis of culture in a quagmire of imbecility and testosterone. I have taught you the manners of gentlemen, apprized you of the graces of ladies, and have inspired you to spark your enamored with a hearty vigor. Indeed, gentlemen, ladies...I have been your very touchstone of excellence. I speak of excellence in literature, in love, in lubricity.

And now, after a decade, I have made an error. My first. My only. It was but a simple mistake in an inconsequential matter, and yet that is how you choose to think of my accomplishments here. One simple error. One simple error, yet your nincompoop nattering continues like the quibbling of hamsters.

Is that all I have taught you? Is that your response?

You are little people, very small, and beneath my notice.

You will not see my like again.

(Until maybe tomorrow.)

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Fuck reading all that.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

For only 24.95, you too can learn to read big words:

"Independently learn from home to read over 500 adult words like "catalog" and " hospital" with the FIRST reading book."

http://www.sightphonics.com/

I think they throw in a free Roald Dahl book. Or maybe it's one by Maurice Sendak. I get them confused.