Woll frying pan

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Woll frying pan

Post by Pinky »

seeahill wrote:Cornbread is best with chili, stews, fried chicken, BBQ-ed pork....
With BBQ cornbread is best prepared fried in the form of hushpuppies, fwiw.
If you can find it, here's an overly complicated recipe that my friends from California love.
Which white Zinfandel do you normally serve that shit with?
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Cornbread(wit lots o butter) + breaded fresh caught crappie + green beans for the win

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Pinky wrote:
seeahill wrote:Cornbread is best with chili, stews, fried chicken, BBQ-ed pork....
With BBQ cornbread is best prepared fried in the form of hushpuppies, fwiw.
If you can find it, here's an overly complicated recipe that my friends from California love.
Which white Zinfandel do you normally serve that shit with?
Overly complicated? You mix the shit together, pour it into a greased pan and bake it. What's complicated about...

Oh, right. You're an economist.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Proper corn bread is made with a very simple batter. Canned corn is added only to prevent cognitive dissonance in people who didn't grown up with corn bread and expect it to have corn in it in the same way that cranberry bread has cranberries. Adding cheese is un-American.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I don't know mang. My wife makes these cornbread biscuits wif cheese and green onions that will blow your mind.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Way too fancy. Here's one, so good it'll make you smack your momma:

1 1/4C unbleached white flour
3/4 C stone ground cornmeal
2 TBS sugar ( down from 4 in the original recipe)
5 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 C milk
2 TBS melted butter

Grease the cast iron skillet and put it in a 375d. oven to heat.

sift together dry ingredients. Beat the egg with the milk and add to the dry mix along with the melted butter Stir well.

Spread the batter (it's kind of thick) in the hot skillet. Bake for 30-35 min until the edges get brown and it starts to get brown speckles on top.

Cornbread should not be sweet, IMO. Every time I go out and find some place making sticky-sweet soft cornbread that tastes like a damn cake I want to stab someone in the face.

BTW, here in the Beautiful South we have another thing called "Spoon bread," which is a hot, moist cornbread/pudding/souffle-thing made for breakfast. It kills.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bacon fat > butter
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen