SAUTEED UNTIL CHARRED BROCCOLLI STEMS ARE THE BEST VEGETABLE. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A DISCUSSION

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

SAUTEED UNTIL CHARRED BROCCOLLI STEMS ARE THE BEST VEGETABLE. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A DISCUSSION

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

CHARRED BROCCOLLI STEMS ARE THE BEST VEGETABLE. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A DISCUSSION

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Stems?

Shit man, what’s the recipe? I always thought the stems were meh.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Peel them then cut into coin shapes and sautee in oil until deep deep brown. Just like brussell sprouts. I don't like boiling them as that seems to just make them incredibly broccolli flavored. The browning changes the taste completely. Some grated hard cheese is good on top.

Same with kale and chard stems. Also delicious. I start the stem pieces early and then add the greens to the pan. Or I just cook the stems in another pan to get them crispy.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I usually chuck that part.

Thy will be done.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

This is retarded. Even for this forum.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Thanks man