The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Re: The couch thread

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

theoverman wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:Name that classy @fitter:

Face looks a little like Gillian "Man Voice" Mounsey, but I don't see any back hair.
Why would Gillian sit down to piss?

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

My best guess is Pat Barber?
I'm stumped.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Looks like someone is on edge...
Cunt Lawyer wrote:Why the complaints? Somehow this workout doesn't fit some preconceived notion of "metcon" or "max rep/heavy" day? Those are merely convenient templates and descriptions for distinctions that nature doesn't really care about.

Your body doesn't respect those kinds of distinctions, either. It simply does what's demanded of it and adapts appropriately. The same is true for the descriptions of the metabolic pathways - those are convenient descriptions, but nature doesn't care that we call it the Krebs' cycle. Coach has long made this point. These are all artificial constructs that help us a bit in our understanding, but are still incomplete.

You could just as easily ask "what's the point..." of any workout? Why Angie? What's the point? Why Diane? What is it doing? Do you really need that answer or would the results speak for themselves? When I first came here I remember thinking "why do they do this 'thruster' thingie, anyway?"

I'm looking forward to this one. I suspect you can gauge the weights with your warmup and/or use the Prilepin charts if so desired.
Comment #44 - Posted by: Dale_Saran at December 22, 2009 8:28 PM

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Kraj wrote:My browser is still redirecting CrossFit links to bondage sites:

WTF? Anyone else having this problem?
How is this a problem?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Yes I Have Balls

Stupid. Fucking. Faggots.

Beelzebub
Sarge

Post by Beelzebub »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:Looks like someone is on edge...
Cunt Lawyer wrote:Why the complaints? Somehow this workout doesn't fit some preconceived notion of "metcon" or "max rep/heavy" day? Those are merely convenient templates and descriptions for distinctions that nature doesn't really care about.

Your body doesn't respect those kinds of distinctions, either. It simply does what's demanded of it and adapts appropriately. The same is true for the descriptions of the metabolic pathways - those are convenient descriptions, but nature doesn't care that we call it the Krebs' cycle. Coach has long made this point. These are all artificial constructs that help us a bit in our understanding, but are still incomplete.

You could just as easily ask "what's the point..." of any workout? Why Angie? What's the point? Why Diane? What is it doing? Do you really need that answer or would the results speak for themselves? When I first came here I remember thinking "why do they do this 'thruster' thingie, anyway?"

I'm looking forward to this one. I suspect you can gauge the weights with your warmup and/or use the Prilepin charts if so desired.
Comment #44 - Posted by: Dale_Saran at December 22, 2009 8:28 PM
I wonder if the constant attacks on his master have put the self proclaimed champion of CF legal into a fit? He seems to take to the message boards almost as much as his kindred spirit Barry Cooper. For a guy that claims to be so busy defending @fit, defending the couch and de-affiliating innocent gyms he seems to policing the boards quiet often. I actually wonder if he is a working attorney and has any other clients, or he has whored himself completly to @fit.
Attachments
stupidity.jpg
stupidity.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
"...Beelzebub acknowledges Satan's trial of God's might, bewails loss of Heaven, and the punishment the fallen angels are suffering, though this will not be alleviated by death..."

theoverman
Staff Sergeant

Post by theoverman »

What if we left our prilepin chart in our other medicine ball bag?
riff raff fanclub president

Yes I Have Balls

theoverman wrote:What if we left our prilepin chart in our other medicine ball bag?
I can promise that the Prilepin Chart was not discussed at the Level 1. Saran is a fucking douche.

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

Is that a dead squirrel by her feet?

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

coop wrote:Surprised to see some of these people as fb friends of Couch Crassmen. whichever one of you fucktards is running that fb needs to step the game up, that idea has great potential.
Camacho
Hackleman
CI- isn't she a mod over there now [edit: I was thinking of Kelly Moore]
there are also various @fit affiliates, how is this allowed? I see more banishments on the horizon.
C'mon now all the dykes don't look alike (I'm sure Kelly would be upset to find out she has been mistaken for someone that outweighs her by 70lbs and doesn't have a 6 pack) I've been here at IGx since the beginning. I did find it funny to see some of the folks became friends of Couch Crassmen.

CI
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

Anon

Post by Anon »

POD wrote:

POD girls pee out of that hole sometimes.
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

Anon wrote:
POD wrote:

Ah, that's the urine puddle. Ok. I saw a gray and whitish blur - wasn't sure what it was. Looked to me as if she were about to piss on a dead squirrel, which would have been real whack.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

mongoose, imho
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

POD wrote:

elite athletes use small kittens for tampons.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Gary John
Gunny

Post by Gary John »

Not backing off the $300k loss.

Don't ever claim that POD has an "I squat to Pee" t-shirt.

T-L

Post by T-L »

Cara seems a little more civilized while peeing.

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes »

Ah, that's the urine puddle. Ok. I saw a gray and whitish blur - wasn't sure what it was. Looked to me as if she were about to piss on a dead squirrel, which would have been real whack.
The color of red would have really confused you.
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

Yes I Have Balls

lee-tree wrote:Cara seems a little more civilized while peeing.

Her friends are much more interesting

T-L

Post by T-L »

This just in...... The @fit 2010 Games registration has just been opened and guess what? No one can register. Apparently the masters of webdom are having web problems. Interesting though that they freeze after taking the credit card information. Another ploy to raise funds for the couch?

http://games2010.crossfit.com/qualifier ... l#comments
ok, almost got through and now there is a sServer Maintenance Error.

Seriously...???

theoverman
Staff Sergeant

Post by theoverman »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: Her friends are much more interesting
=D> =D> =D> =D>
riff raff fanclub president

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

Quack Attack wrote:@F has now shown that they are trying to weed out the non-elite by making the Gaymes $100 to enter JUST THE REGIONALS, with a $50 per day spectator fee!

One of the educated sheep calling bullshit, a guy who actually organizes REAL bigtime sporting events.

I believe this is @F's deranged attempts at natural selection--they are making it such that only the most hardcore Kool-Aid drinkers (the ones who believe @FHQ can never do wrong) with the most money ($50 t-shirts, $50 day passes to the Gaymes) will stick around.
Saving Face
The power of belief is illustrated by the participant-observer research carried out by Festinger, Riecken and Schachter into a doomsday cult known as the Guardians, and documented in their 1956 book When Prophecy Fails. After their prediction that a flood would inundate the world and they would be carried away by spaceships did not transpire, cult members exhibited increased fervor in their beliefs. So invested were they in their beliefs that they could not risk giving them up: "The group members had gone too far, given up too much for their beliefs to see them destroyed; the shame, the economic cost, the mockery would be too great to bear" (127). In Freudian terms, their defensive behavior protected them from recognizing an unbearable truth. Cialdini explains that the moment the physical proof contradicted their beliefs, the cult members turned to the only other proof that would save them: social proof--they turned from "secretive conspirators to zealous missionaries" in an attempt to gain other converts, even though their beliefs had been shown to be baseless. "The greater the number of people who find any idea correct, the more the idea will be correct" (128). Without saying so directly, Cialdini's example of religious social proof could be considered an allegory for all the examples of millennial belief down through the ages of human civilization.

- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion Chapter 4: Social Proof.

Couch Lackofclassman:

"I will not charge more than 500 for affiliate fees" Fees are now 2000, and will probably be raised again.

This is the point where normal people see the great white father is full of shit and a yard wide. They start running in the opposite direction as fast as they can. They don't need to see 50 dollar spectator fees to wake the fuck up.

At some point, people have invested so much money and time in the stupidity, that to detach would mean they would have to acknowledge their stupidity. People are generally too weak to look in the mirror and be honest about what they see.

This is a population that wants the bennies of being associated with LEO, mil, and "elite" without the real dangers of standing a fucking post, or being exposed to real danger or injury. Their badassedness is built around fucking callous tears, and anal leakage, not actual death or bullets.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

lee-tree wrote:This just in...... The @fit 2010 Games registration has just been opened and guess what? No one can register. Apparently the masters of webdom are having web problems. Interesting though that they freeze after taking the credit card information. Another ploy to raise funds for the couch?

http://games2010.crossfit.com/qualifier ... l#comments
ok, almost got through and now there is a sServer Maintenance Error.

Seriously...???
Some Fucktard Who Never Learns wrote:I am having the same issue as many of you. I made it all the way through and submitted my payment and then got an error. I checked my online statement and there is a $100 charge pending. I recieved no confirmation email.

Nathan Silver
SouthEast (Stone Mountain)
You'll Hurt Your Back

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

POD wrote:
Anon wrote:
POD wrote:

This would be a good use of your shoveling money POD:

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

fatbastard
Corporal

Post by fatbastard »

Just one question - When registering a male competitor (for a friend), I was asked if I would be bringing a guest, and asked to enter the guest's name.

When registering as a female competitor (for myself), I was not given the option to check the "bringing a guest?" box.

Fluke in the registration process? Several other girls from my box who have registered as competitors were not given the "bring a guest" option either.
Couch, you greedy bastard. Trying to hog all of the trim, as usual.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

fatbastard wrote:
Just one question - When registering a male competitor (for a friend), I was asked if I would be bringing a guest, and asked to enter the guest's name.

When registering as a female competitor (for myself), I was not given the option to check the "bringing a guest?" box.

Fluke in the registration process? Several other girls from my box who have registered as competitors were not given the "bring a guest" option either.
Couch, you greedy bastard. Trying to hog all of the trim, as usual.

Can you blame him? Who wants the Gaymes to be a total sausage party?
You'll Hurt Your Back