The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Yes I Have Balls

Re: The couch thread

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Some lulz. When asked to define @Fit in one sentence, you can tell those that have taken the red pill and those that haven't....
An amazing community of like-minded individuals who want nothing more than to be fit for the rest of their lives.

A community of everyday people and coaches dedicated to teaching what you've been missing in fitness -- and probably in life -- that will forever change ALL OF YOUR SHIT!

CrossFit; a unique combination of circuit training and narcissism.

CrossFit is beyond a workout regime: it is a way of life.

Training your body in a way that makes everything else you have ever tried seem like a waste of time.

Crossfit is a business that profits on the exploitation of GPP and functional fitness to the masses in a very well organized capital venture.

I don't really consider "Crossfit" a sport
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=61768&page=1

Boris

Post by Boris »

Danny John wrote:The "another tool" in the tool box thing is something that gets me. It is tossed off like we all have this little perfect system that we can just look at someone and reach into our exercise kit and fix the issue. "Ah, you need Contralateral Flies." To be able to use exercises, reps, sets, programs and everything else, you have to have a system to put the tools into the right, well, the metaphor is failing me...but using the right tool for the purpose. Pavel has that great line: If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail."
"Tool-hole" - the word you're looking for is "Tool-hole".

I'm a big fan of thrusters (aka, unracked, wrist hyperextended front squats + press), kipping pull-ups (aka "half-giant pull-ups"), and burpees ("bad push-up + bad jumping jack"). Sit-ups with accentuated lower back hyperextension PLUS flexion is winner for sure.

I can't for the life of me figure out why a gym, any gym, would put pictures up online of their members doing something with horrendous form unless you didn't know it was indeed horrendous, or unless said member was so attractive that it didn't matter.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I saw the knuckle-dragging snake eaters doing Xfit, Gym Jones, and hybrid workouts from the same vein. Rangers, pilots, Navy, Army, USAF. These were not REMFs.
Me too. And add Military Athlete to that list.
Either way I could care less because I don't support the "war" or the troops
:finga:
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

This guy forgot to mention the most obvious @F benefit: body composition.
Ted Apollo wrote:functional movements that improve your endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, accuracy, agility, and balance.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

powerlifter54 wrote:Sumo high pull. Just about as dumb as it gets.

Until you see a newbie doing swings to the overhead position. Hello TBI.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Rumor mill says Crossfit signed a deal with Reebok: 200 million over 10 years.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

1,000,000 here we come!!

And, if true: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

There's also talk of excessive use of bolivian marching powder by someone.

Dazed

Post by Dazed »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:There's also talk of excessive use of bolivian marching powder by someone.
Sure would help with that lean look.
I don't think you realize the depths of Jezzy's sexual greed~ EZ
Big, strong men (preferably in kilts) are my lesbian kryptonite~Jez
the right kind of male can make Jezzy's reproductive instinct overcome her preference for black vagina~Gary

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Define "excessive."
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I don't know, beyond a bump or two on the weekends to feel like a motherfucking king?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Unless we're talking Tony Montoya quantities, which given the personalities involved I find highly credible.

On another topic, this video wins on so many levels:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4AREh_tRkU[/youtube]
You'll Hurt Your Back

big_t2100
Corporal

Post by big_t2100 »

Hmmmmm.....Shari baby caught swapping spit.

Anal CumDumpster

Post by *** »

big_t2100 wrote:Hmmmmm.....Shari baby caught swapping spit.

She really should have her own white trash reality show. Naming your daughter after a type of booze just beckons her to a life swinging off a pole.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Speaking of children, if "any of you know," is the story about the birth and the blood transfusion true? I was just told this in Phillie and I was shocked. I will NOT give more information, but "Horrible Human" is redefined.

kreator

Post by kreator »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Rumor mill says Crossfit signed a deal with Reebok: 200 million over 10 years.
Details needed.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Danny John wrote:Speaking of children, if "any of you know," is the story about the birth and the blood transfusion true? I was just told this in Phillie and I was shocked. I will NOT give more information, but "Horrible Human" is redefined.
I'm wondering if this was distributed to ferret out IGX members. I have a hard time believing this.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Interesting, eh?

Castro's got tactics like a 2 year old.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Gin Master wrote:
Danny John wrote:Speaking of children, if "any of you know," is the story about the birth and the blood transfusion true? I was just told this in Phillie and I was shocked. I will NOT give more information, but "Horrible Human" is redefined.
I'm wondering if this was distributed to ferret out IGX members. I have a hard time believing this.
Is this one of those things that I think I want to know, but if I knew what it was, I wouldn't really want to know?
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I heard it too, and frankly I don't believe it.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

out with the story, dickheads!

or PM me from a sock puppet and i'll spill it for the masses.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Rumor mill says Crossfit signed a deal with Reebok: 200 million over 10 years.
That would be great. Reebok kills everything they get their hands on. I'll be waiting for the group fitness classes where people are doing @F Body-Pump stylee...maybe even on a CoreBoard. :vom:

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

I see Mrs. Couch has dropped the married name on FB. Lugo is lying low and Barky is in London. As for @Fit signing a deal, I heard it from pretty good source. Mo money was mentioned, but the conversation was about why decent and almost decent people stay around when they don't need too Welbourne came up and someone mentioned this deak with Reebok as a major reason. The way I hear it John is outwardly hostile to couch and trains however the fuck he wants and his shit is growing and actually getting people stronger. He rocks Greyskull shirts at certs and hangs with Wendler and Pain knowing it tweaks couch. Eva is rumored to be not happy with the a-holes any longer and has moved her shit WAY away from the mess. I know that HQ is losing control quick, a local guy opened up an affiliate here with CF name listed in ads and no plans to affilate at all. HQ sends nasty e-mails but won't do shit more

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Quack Attack wrote:
That would be great. Reebok kills everything they get their hands on. I'll be waiting for the group fitness classes where people are doing @F Body-Pump stylee...maybe even on a CoreBoard. :vom:
The funny thing will be when it goes mainstream and every trainer in America and beyond is doing "Crosstraining" or "Functional Fitness" and there is nothing "elite" or "fringe" about it. Unless, they find a way to make it "fringey-er", the cultists will move on to other gurus and beacons and the money train will come to a grinding halt. Unfortunately, its hard to stop spending once you get used to a bottomless pit of funds. Its popularity was its death-knell.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

It's all unfolding pretty much the way we knew it would.
You'll Hurt Your Back