Sniper shoots 10 Dallas Cops, kills 3

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Sniper shoots 10 Dallas Cops, kills 3

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Jesus.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Sniper shoots 10 Dallas Cops, kills 3

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

And I have said it since I've been on any IG. Good chance it's a Mad Max future, and her we go. Civl breakdowns after the governments started to go to shit and then....

Yeah, Darth is the crazy one. Just when he started to let his guard down and relax the last couple years, well the last few months don't have me optimistic about shit, but the sky has not fallen either, yet.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Change in circumstance, I'd expect you to be on the other side of this.

I will give you this, if you're surprised at all by this...you're an idiot.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

5 now.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

No, not surprised.

The insane divisiveness pushed by the political parties is coming to rolling boil.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Feels like the late '60's through early 70's redux. Things are pulling apart similar to then, maybe worse in some ways, and coming together doesn't seem to be something to be optimistic about in the short term.

I don't really understand poetry but sometimes the world gives sense to verse.
Yeats wrote:Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

terrible, but very unsurprising.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The insane divisiveness pushed by the political parties is coming to rolling boil.
Ridiculous false equivalence

Early indications suggest a lot of NRA minutemen decided they'd rather be redcoats
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

This fuckface needs a visit from the Secret Service.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-ro ... 65421.html??
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:This fuckface needs a visit from the Secret Service.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-ro ... 65421.html??
I wonder if those were his actual feelings or an angle to get out of paying child support (again). Either way, fuck him.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

For these Dallas murders -

First order evil: the murderers who attacked the Dallas Police.

Second order evil: organizations that promote or tolerate the violence-talk against police.
EDIT - And the assholes who had strong suspicions that the murderers were going to kill, and did not report them. (You know somebody knew.)

Third order evil: the media/FB echo chamber that cherrypicks blue on black incidents, endlessly repeats untested allegations, then back pages the truth when it (usually) justifies the police use of force. "Due Process" or "wait for the hearing/trial" is not exciting enough. And the race-baiters & hustlers of "both" colors.

Fourth order evil: the President, who has been publicly wrong on blue/black incidents, from Henry Gates, to Trayvon Martin, to Michael Brown, etc. Obama doesn't have the balls for a Sista Soulja moment, the way Pres. Clinton did.*

Fifth order evil: that asshat Joe Walsh. And all you assholes who seize on him or the NRA as your first target of scorn.

*On second thought, I could probably merge #4 into #3.
Last edited by johno on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

W.B. Yeats

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

W.B. Yeats

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

johno wrote:For these Dallas murders -

First order evil: the murderers who attacked the Dallas Police.

Second order evil: organizations that promote or tolerate the violence-talk against police.
EDIT - And the assholes who had strong suspicions that the murderers were going to kill, and did not report them. (You know somebody knew.)

Third order evil: the media/FB echo chamber that cherrypicks blue on black incidents, endlessly repeats untested allegations, then back pages the truth when it (usually) justifies the police use of force. "Due Process" or "wait for the hearing/trial" is not exciting enough. And the race-baiters & hustlers of "both" colors.

Fourth order evil: the President, who has been publicly wrong on blue/black incidents, from Henry Gates, to Trayvon Martin, to Michael Brown, etc. Obama doesn't have the balls for a Sista Soulja moment, the way Pres. Clinton did.*

Fifth order evil: that asshat Joe Walsh. And all you assholes who seize on him or the NRA as your first target of scorn.

*On second thought, I could probably merge #4 into #3.
Where is the evil of denial and complacency land? Number 22?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:terrible, but very unsurprising.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The insane divisiveness pushed by the political parties is coming to rolling boil.
Ridiculous false equivalence

Early indications suggest a lot of NRA minutemen decided they'd rather be redcoats

Early indications suggest my NRA dollars are going to be re-routed to these guys.

https://www.saf.org/saf-ccrkba-call-for ... d-citizen/

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I see more crying that researching gun violence violates the second Amendment. Do you feel a little twinge of intellect dying every time you parrot the party phrases? Just like how that 'causes of death' chart includes abortions...so fucking stupid and misleading.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I see more crying that researching gun violence violates the second Amendment.
This isn't true. In fact, the GOP works hard to quash any govt. research into gun violence. You don't do that when the facts are on your side.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The statistics are there, Spells. Easy facts and numbers available on gun violence through the Justice department. The real fear is the research will demonstrate how black on black shooting dominate the whole genre of crime.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The statistics are there, Spells. Easy facts and numbers available on gun violence through the Justice department. The real fear is the research will demonstrate how black on black shooting dominate the whole genre of crime.

This is the real Inconvenient Truth of Violence in America.

The most disgusting part of the whole debate is that Yes...in fact, Blacks receive far worse treatment by the Police than whites and that Yes, this is in fact brought on in part by the behavior of their communities which interact with and use police service disproportionately. What amazes me is that mainstream people on both sides would completely excuse the behavior of their worst members...be they Thugs in Blue or Thugs on corners.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The statistics are there, Spells. Easy facts and numbers available on gun violence through the Justice department.
They are. Gun nuts like to use absolute numbers instead of per capita, because it tells a more convenient misleading story.
The real fear is the research will demonstrate how black on black shooting dominate the whole genre of crime.
You think that's why the GOP blocks research? I doubt it.

One of the more interesting things to come out of all this is how the same people who think the black community needs to speak up against their own criminally violent members and put an end to "stop snitching" feel EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE about police officers. And while they are really comfortable characterizing the small minority of blacks who are violent criminals as representative of the whole, they can't stand seeing that done if the group switches to cops.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: One of the more interesting things to come out of all this is how the same people who think the black community needs to speak up against their own criminally violent members and put an end to "stop snitching" feel EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE about police officers. And while they are really comfortable characterizing the small minority of blacks who are violent criminals as representative of the whole, they can't stand seeing that done if the group switches to cops.

Bingo.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

America has a negroid problem.

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Your good guys with guns are getting their asses handed to them by the bad guys with guns. Change of management needed I reckon.
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

odin wrote:Your good guys with guns are getting their asses handed to them by the bad guys with guns. Change of management needed I reckon.
If only there were an armed citizenry allowed to carry with very little restriction around to help the police stop the shooter....oh, wait.

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

I kinda feel that this is the most worrying part of today's story:

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
odin wrote:Your good guys with guns are getting their asses handed to them by the bad guys with guns. Change of management needed I reckon.
If only there were an armed citizenry allowed to carry with very little restriction around to help the police stop the shooter....oh, wait.

I'm a fairly pro armed populace guy but the best argument I've heard against it was from a black guy who used to carry and says he is afraid anytime he flinches or prints in public he's putting his life in danger. Fact of the matter is, there's a very real chance that even if you are able to do something to disrupt an active shooter or hostile situation, Police are not going think twice about whether you're a civilian. Look armed? look like a potential threat? They'll shoot you like a pesky pitbull on their way through your yard. Frankly, when I carry this is my number 1 concern.