Who doesn't make it through?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Primary Cabinet Reject

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 am

Price-- Health and Human Services
No votes
Tillerson-- Secretary of State
13%
DeVos-- Secretary of Education
19%
Carson-- Secretary of HUD
No votes
Sessions-- Attorney General
No votes
Somebody Else
13%
Nobody-- They all make it through
56%

Total votes: 16

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Who doesn't make it through?

Post by nafod »

TerryB wrote: ...like a normal person would.
Uhhhh...no
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

TerryB wrote:People are completely flummoxed with a guy who doesn't lie so casually
Bravo.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
TerryB wrote:People are completely flummoxed with a guy who doesn't lie so casually
Bravo.
"Don't piss on me and tell me it is raining"
- Trump overheard on wiretap in Moscow hotel

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

climber511 wrote:Trump certainly went off the rails in yesterdays "speech" - or "rant" or whatever the heck that was he did. I wonder about his sanity - that's one messed up human being we have in office now.
I listened to a bit of his news conference yesterday. Spoke to two colleagues about it too. Both pretty successful conservatarian type guys. We all laughed and laughed at the clueless media. Was stuck in an airport last night and saw parts of the speech on CNN but couldn't hear it. Watched a guy in a Cutter & Buck shirt smile at Trump like it was his birthday.

Two Americas. Neither understands the other very well and doesn't really want to either. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see a good outcome.

This is one of the only places where I see honest discourse between the rival tribes.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
climber511 wrote: We all laughed and laughed at the clueless media.
what would the appropriate response be for them?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

dead man walking wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
climber511 wrote: We all laughed and laughed at the clueless media.
what would the appropriate response be for them?
A bit of diversity of thought. Maybe 40% of reporters could lean conservative or conservatarian. Would help keep those who tilt towards the right from having to seek out the Limbaughs and Breitbarts of the world to see perspectives outside of the liberal hive mind.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
climber511 wrote:Trump certainly went off the rails in yesterdays "speech" - or "rant" or whatever the heck that was he did. I wonder about his sanity - that's one messed up human being we have in office now.
I listened to a bit of his news conference yesterday. Spoke to two colleagues about it too. Both pretty successful conservatarian type guys. We all laughed and laughed at the clueless media.
For years, the system has run an Outrage Machine where someone says something, people are offended, apologies demanded, a "sorry, but..." recieved, not good enough so further outrage until full contrition reached. Media was fully complicit in the kabuki dance. Trump has trumpled that right into the ground. Media are still thinking the rules of the game hold. That's all good.

But meanwhile, if you stop in the enjoyment of watching the media's tradionally effective spitballing bounce off of the Trumpster, you hear mind-boggling stuff coming out of his mouth. Serious WTF stuff. Like, is this guy even sane? Precious bodily fluids level of crazy, as he stands next to Netanyahu and answers a question about anti-semetism by lying about his electoral landslide. Huh? Holy shit.

I think there are millions who think they are in on the joke, who are going to be horrendously disappointed soon.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

nafod wrote:I think there are millions who think they are in on the joke, who are going to be horrendously disappointed soon.
That is a fear of mine.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
nafod wrote:I think there are millions who think they are in on the joke, who are going to be horrendously disappointed soon.
That is a fear of mine.
Ill be honest, trying like mad to be optimistic, but if you read the transcripts of the press conference it really looks like he has no idea what's going on. He kept talking about making deals with Russia and saying they wouldn't want to deal with us because the American people are against Putin and that's all our fault. He doesn't even understand the role of a leader. He doesn't even understand that this is not a real estate deal. I honestly would like someone to go through those answers he gave and tell me does he have any kind of plan or semblance of understanding of what the fuck is going on because I really don't think he does
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

syaigh wrote:if you read the transcripts of the press conference it really looks like he has no idea what's going on.
Was funny when he told the black lady reporter to call her friends the Congressional Black Caucus and set up a meeting. He had clearly never heard of them.

I mean, funny until you realize that somehow he's the CIC.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

milosz

Post by milosz »

bennyonesix wrote:He wanted to bring in neocons from his 2003-2005 tour with Bush so he can get fucked.
Loathe as I am to agree with benny, bringing in the crew that was heartbroken Iraq went so badly they didn't get to invade Iran would not make me feel any better about our Trumpian future.

milosz

Post by milosz »

I mean, we'll probably get in a war to prime his poll numbers anyway, no reason to make it more likely.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

JimZipCode wrote:
syaigh wrote:if you read the transcripts of the press conference it really looks like he has no idea what's going on.
Was funny when he told the black lady reporter to call her friends the Congressional Black Caucus and set up a meeting. He had clearly never heard of them.
Yeah, I guess if you ignore the sentences after that one, where he said he'd talked to John Lewis and they were all set for a meeting but then Lewis pulled out.

Or, in liberal land: Insane! Unhinged! Racist! Chaos!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

TerryB wrote:
JimZipCode wrote:
Yeah, I guess if you ignore the sentences after that one, where he said he'd talked to John Lewis and they were all set for a meeting but then Lewis pulled out.

WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

milosz

Post by milosz »

TerryB wrote:
JimZipCode wrote:

That's not what he said. Not even vaguely close, you blithering idiot.
I actually thought I had a meeting with Congressman Cummings and he was all excited. And then he said, well, I can’t move, it might be bad for me politically. I can’t have that meeting.

I was all set to have the meeting. You know, we called him and called him. And he was all set. I spoke to him on the phone, very nice guy.
Cummings is not John Lewis. Cummings is also not "the Black Congressional Caucus."

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

milosz wrote:That's not what he said. Not even vaguely close, you blithering idiot.
I actually thought I had a meeting with Congressman Cummings and he was all excited. And then he said, well, I can’t move, it might be bad for me politically. I can’t have that meeting.

I was all set to have the meeting. You know, we called him and called him. And he was all set. I spoke to him on the phone, very nice guy.
Cummings is not John Lewis. Cummings is also not "the Black Congressional Caucus."
I'm not 100% positive that Cummings is actually a member of the CBC. Though certainly he's black.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/16/ ... story.html
Elijah Cummings wrote:I also sincerely have no idea why the President made this claim in response to an unrelated question about the Congressional Black Caucus. I am sure members of the CBC can answer these questions for themselves.,
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

she be black. dey be black. sho nuf dey be fren.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.