Covid news

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

I hope you don't actually believe that.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Which part?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:48 pm I had the Pfizer boost and never noticed.
The conventional wisdom I read is that the stronger the response, the better you are immunized.

I had an illness in December of 2019. My doctor has thirty five years experience, said it was Covid. I did not loose smell.

Had the J&J jab in September of 2021. I needed to drive over an hour to get it. In Clairton. The lot number had the highest incident of VEARS reports. I shared a bench with a US Air Force guy and a Business planner. We all had to get the jab to keep our jobs. None of us wanted it, we all resented it.

I had Omicron last month. Confirmed. Did not lose smell. Did feel really strange waves of debility. In some ways worse than Alpha. Maybe it's the cytokine thing that some folks get?

As soon as Moderna and the Pfascists from Pfizer move over I'd like to get the Novavax jab. I want a real vaccine, not a science experiment.
Don't like yourself too much.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:25 pm The conventional wisdom I read is that the stronger the response, the better you are immunized.
I had a pretty strong response to the first Pfizer, but not much to the next two. I’ve also been going out throughout the pandemic, including doing EMS in the winters, dealing with patients. I have a theory of having enjoyed steady, low exposure to it. But who knows.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

Gene wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:25 pm

I had an illness in December of 2019. My doctor has thirty five years experience, said it was Covid. I did not loose smell.
Out of curiosity, did your doctor say what his basis for the diagnosis was? No disrespect to him, but symptoms of covid are by and large are not distinguishable form a trivial respiratory infection, unless it progresses to a pneumonia. Loss of smell or taste and chest pain are more specific symptoms of covid, but since you didn't have the first one I am curious how he diagnosed it.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Sangoma wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:56 am
Gene wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:25 pm

Out of curiosity, did your doctor say what his basis for the diagnosis was?
Gene's doctor usually sacrifices a chicken and examines its entrails for propitious signs

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

Sangoma wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:56 am Out of curiosity, did your doctor say what his basis for the diagnosis was? No disrespect to him, but symptoms of covid are by and large are not distinguishable form a trivial respiratory infection, unless it progresses to a pneumonia. Loss of smell or taste and chest pain are more specific symptoms of covid, but since you didn't have the first one I am curious how he diagnosed it.
1. He asked about that peculiar cough, where it felt like something was stuck in the lungs. I told him that I had that cough.
2. Fever.
3. Chest pain

He said that it was highly probable that I had Covid.

I asked him about loss of smell. He said that it was not always the case to get Covid. My January instance of Covid was tested and found positive. I did not have a loss of smell.

No chicken shaking......

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:43 pm Gene's doctor usually sacrifices a chicken and examines its entrails for propitious signs
No wonder he's so affordable.

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:17 pm ...the deaths, and even day-to-day inconveniences, are all due to the duping or selfishness of the unvaccinated...
Mind to elaborate?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Sangoma wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:00 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:17 pm ...the deaths, and even day-to-day inconveniences, are all due to the duping or selfishness of the unvaccinated...
Mind to elaborate?
Sure, if everyone who was vaccinated who safely could be:
1. Mask usage could be down to zero or nearly so.
2. We wouldn't be dealing with hospital issues
3. Unvaccinated people wouldn't be causing the deaths of themselves and others.

I know unvaccinated people, and they've mostly been duped. But others just figure "why take the risk," which is sort of like having a conscription for war where some people are like, "Nah, you guys go, my going or not will not affect the outcome." This is logical but selfish when we're talking about 100,000s of dead Americans.

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

You have somewhat idealized ideas. Vaccinated people still get sick and still die. They transmit the virus as successfully as the unvaccinated. Vaccination definitely reduces the chance of severe illness and death at the individual level. So if you are vaccinated you are protected.

My friend's mother is 94. She doesn't want to get vaccinated, you reckon she is selfish and should be shamed?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Sangoma wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 pm They transmit the virus as successfully as the unvaccinated.
Not true

They lower both the probability of getting it, and the probability of transmitting it if they have it.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:53 pm
Sangoma wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 pm They transmit the virus as successfully as the unvaccinated.
Not true

They lower both the probability of getting it, and the probability of transmitting it if they have it.
Says who? You? Anthony Fauci, MD, Administrator, Beagle Torturer and Gain of Function funder?

Did Morderna or Pfizer say so? Is that among the 75 years worth of records about vaccine reactions - that they do all of these things for all people? No vaccine is 100 percent effective.
Last edited by Gene on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:20 pm This is logical but selfish when we're talking about 100,000s of dead Americans.
Logical but selfish? Is that the line you use on girls that won't fuck you? Rational self-interest is what makes our society function.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:52 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:20 pm This is logical but selfish when we're talking about 100,000s of dead Americans.
Logical but selfish? Is that the line you use on girls that won't fuck you? Rational self-interest is what makes our society function.
The concept of duty revolves around things you should do that are primarily not self-interested. I didn't have the least bit of concern of the effect COVID would have on my son, but got him vaccinated to protect vulnerable people.

I recently had a close family member die from something that would have been completely preventable in a normally functioning hospital, but it wasn't functioning normally. That people can be such gigantic assholes about endangering their fellow citizens is grating once it directly affects your family.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 pm I didn't have the least bit of concern of the effect COVID would have on my son, but got him vaccinated to protect vulnerable people.
This is why your kind are called "cucks". Because you are so over-socialized that you would literally put the interests of random strangers over your and your family's rational self interest. If some random motherfucker is "at risk" (hint: everybody's at risk) they can stay the fuck home. I care not. I am not giving my child, or any other, some experimental gene therapy so he, you, or anyone else can feel a deep sense of spiritual ease and we can tuck a few more dollars in some Pfizer Pfaggot's wallet.

And the truth is: people don't really care about random strangers, either. The triple-vaxx'd are not some ethical lodestone aligned with the broad tides of history. What they care about is being perceived to hold the moral high ground, but I don't care about morality at all and so the posturing just looks misguided and contrived to me.
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 pm I recently had a close family member die from something that would have been completely preventable in a normally functioning hospital, but it wasn't functioning normally. That people can be such gigantic assholes about endangering their fellow citizens is grating once it directly affects your family.
Here's something true and not contrived: I am very sorry for the loss of your loved one. That sucks and nothing else will change it. You must feel a combination of sadness and anger that is difficult to face. In my view, however meaningless, transmuting that loss into a society-wide campaign of genetic coercion is not logical.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:52 pm [ No vaccine is 100 percent effective.
That’s why I used the word PROBABILITY in my post.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Some of you guys need to be worried...

Covid Shrinks Hamster Testicles

motherjuggs&speed

Covid news

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I'm just relieved that the virus follows government and corporate policy. Last week at the bank it was a HAZMAT site, today nobody's masked and everyone's all whatevs -- no more shields, no nothing.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

It's amazing how the threat of COVID-19 vanished when there was no more political hay to be made by the cynical Left. Since further restrictions only harm their chances at the ballot box, it's GAME OVER for the virus. Fun while it lasted, though.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 am It's amazing how the threat of COVID-19 vanished when there was no more political hay to be made by the cynical Left. Since further restrictions only harm their chances at the ballot box, it's GAME OVER for the virus. Fun while it lasted, though.
Infections are down 90%. It ran out of stupid people.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:33 am
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 am It's amazing how the threat of COVID-19 vanished when there was no more political hay to be made by the cynical Left. Since further restrictions only harm their chances at the ballot box, it's GAME OVER for the virus. Fun while it lasted, though.
Dolt. The population of the USA is 64% fully vaccinated. In real numbers, 36% percent of the population of the USA = ~120,000,000. That's 120,000,000 "stupid people", more than the population of France and Spain combined. It's down because the virus was always going to go down, it did so irrespective of your oppressive mandates, and was essentially unimpressed by your virtue-signalling and pearl clutching. You have a lot of nerve calling anyone stupid given your extremely weak critical thinking ability.

Bennyonesix1

Covid news

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:37 pm
nafod wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:33 am
Dolt. The population of the USA is 64% fully vaccinated. In real numbers, 36% percent of the population of the USA = ~120,000,000. That's 120,000,000 "stupid people", more than the population of France and Spain combined. It's down because the virus was always going to go down, it did so irrespective of your oppressive mandates, and was essentially unimpressed by your virtue-signalling and pearl clutching. You have a lot of nerve calling anyone stupid given your extremely weak critical thinking ability.
I didn't understand this until a few years ago and after having to explain the things very smart people (not me) thought to others, but there is a dead spot in the IQ distribution. It's prob around 120-115. They're smart enough to see that there are people below them. And understand to a small extent that there are people above them. But they aren't smart enough to recognize those above them. I'm serious. When confronted with a sig higher IQ or an elegant explanation they have no response. I can see it in their eyes now. But below that dead spot and above it, it's fairly easy to explain these things (absent personality issues). Unfortunately I deal with ppl in the dead spot every day.

They operate on a "has someone I respect (for reasons other than IQ (usually social status)) told me this already?"

If yes -> it's obv right and I knew it all along

If no -> this is dumb

It's a very effective and efficient method for ascending hierarchies.

It's horrible for getting things done.

We're now at 40% college degree in US. This has given these dead spot people an entrance into decision making positions. As the momentum built up through the 50's by the higher ed system hasn't entirely dissipated yet.

The only way to deal with ppl like this is to find a person with social status who agrees with the proposition or plan who is of higher status than any other opponent.

Or convince them it is their ass on the line (loss of social status) if they don't do X or Y.

Note: I am not describing their subjective experience of these things. I have no idea what that is. The abstraction "social status" isn't something they'd use or perceive intellectually.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

The college-educated midwit credentialist and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Bennyonesix1

Covid news

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:09 pm The college-educated midwit credentialist and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
And then we put them in mgmt positions over black women and mentally ill white wine box cat moms.