Mass Shootings in America

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:01 am For me, it's as simple as this. I hadn't fired a gun since I was about 16. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of firing a homie's built-him-self AR platform. I was astounded at how perfect my grouping was. That's a roughly 25 year layoff from shooting and I just couldn't miss with that thing. It's a remarkable device for killing, to be true. Simple. Randos with brain disorders shouldn't have these. It's an easy-mode weapon.
I work with a woman in her 80’s, she also mentioned how easy the AR-15 is to shoot.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 pm Knowing people fall through the safety net of mental health, what guns do you feel comfortable with people intent on “mass murder to suicide” having access to?

At what age? What kind of background checks would you want them to go through first? What kind of red flag would you like to see raised that would prevent purchase?

It makes me wonder what specific set of hurdles would have worked to prevent these cases or reduce their severity.
You seem a decent guy, so I'll answer your question. It doesn't matter. Psychopaths in the grip of homicidal ideation escalate until stopped. There was more than enough cause to lock this kid away forever: problem solved.

I have a question for you:

Do you think that but-for the rifle he would not have a massive body count? If so, why? Explain mechanicallu how psychopaths are deterred by lack of access to guns.

Another, is your issue with what happened an aesthetic one? What is your emotional response to the hundreds of gun homicides in say Chicago? Is it less or more than Uvalde? Explain pls.

Are you aware of the statistics re gun homicides and type of gun and race? Perps and vics? Age of perp? Age of Vic? Same for race?


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Also Bram, are you aware Law Enforcement has no duty to protect citizens from violence? Because they don't. How does this factor into your position re self-defense and gun ownership?


Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: East USA

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Gene »

Bram wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 pm Knowing people fall through the safety net of mental health, what guns do you feel comfortable with people intent on “mass murder to suicide” having access to?
None. No guns. No knives, no saws, or screwdrivers. Certainly no cans of gasoline.

The biggest body count by one person in US history was the Happy Land Dance studio fire. The killer burned 87 people with a can of gasoline. He knew that the place had the fire exit doors padlocked. He was pissed at an ex girlfriend, so he burned and smothered 86 other people to get to her. He risked death to do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

The biggest mass murder of school kids was the Bath Michigan disaster. Guy put bombs under a school. Blew it and himself up. Almost forty kids died. He was a suicidal mass murderer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster


You posed some questions about background checks.... I'm not mental health professional, Bram. What will I accept? I don't even like the Brady Checks. I endure them. I don't want to end up with stolen property, that's the main reason. I don't feel good about the PA State Police handgun sales registry. I endure it.


Getting back to my original proposal. Reducing the penalties of drugs. Today in Sweden drug gangs are using bombs. 257 bombings in 2019. Sweden has strict gun control. Please read this article, Bram, as it also discusses Sweden's struggles with gun smuggling.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swed ... SKBN1ZF1PD

I appreciate, Bram, that you have tried to be reasonable, and I thank you for it.
Don't like yourself too much.

User avatar

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21298
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:43 am Some random things I came across:

As of 2020, guns are now the leading cause of death for people aged 1-19 in America. For decades, it was car crashes.

The firearm death rate in the US is 11.4 times higher than other high-income countries.

Firearm homicide rates were 36 times higher in high-gun US states and 13.5 times higher in low-gun US states than the firearm homicide rate in other high-income countries combined.

From 1966 to 2019, over 80% of mass shooters at K-12 schools stole guns from family members.

-----

Less guns would be a simple solution to the above issues.

----

20% of Americans have a mental illness, 5.6% have a severe mental illness. For 18-25 year olds, 9.7% have a severe mental illness.

1 in 6 Americans say they can't afford mental health care.
Re severe mental illness is that because of changes in definition and or because of poor prescription practices? Also, there is broad consensus for a lot of things (like more mental health care) but no consensus for funding it—and that is true for both red and blue states.

And realistically, moving in the direction you’re suggesting would require major bureaucratic reform as a precondition at DHS. Something that neither democrat nor republican administrations have shown an interest in.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:03 pm
You seem a decent guy, so I'll answer your question. It doesn't matter. Psychopaths in the grip of homicidal ideation escalate until stopped. There was more than enough cause to lock this kid away forever: problem solved.

I have a question for you:

Do you think that but-for the rifle he would not have a massive body count? If so, why? Explain mechanicallu how psychopaths are deterred by lack of access to guns.

Another, is your issue with what happened an aesthetic one? What is your emotional response to the hundreds of gun homicides in say Chicago? Is it less or more than Uvalde? Explain pls.

Are you aware of the statistics re gun homicides and type of gun and race? Perps and vics? Age of perp? Age of Vic? Same for race?
It's hard to say. I do think AR-15's make it easier to kill people. But, I think 9mm pistols make it fairly easy as well.

If he had no gun, would he have had the same body count? He could have built a bomb or burned down the school. But instead he had an easy-to-use gun.

An 18-year old psychopath purposefully killing elementary children is fucking horrible.

An 18-year old gang member shooting other 18-year old gang members, and killing many innocent bystanders, including children, is fucking horrible too.

I can't imagine living in either neighborhood, to know my neighbor's kid was slaughtered. I know plenty of local kids I surf with. To have one of them shot, whether it was out of direct hatred or careless violence, would be awful.

I'm all for funding after-school programs, mental health programs, community programs, etc. And I'm all for laws, a tougher licensure process, whatever it takes to shift the needle in the right direction.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:06 pm Also Bram, are you aware Law Enforcement has no duty to protect citizens from violence? Because they don't. How does this factor into your position re self-defense and gun ownership?
I did not. Hmm, that's disappointing but interesting.

I'm privileged to live in a low-crime area. So I have a skewed perspective.

I think guns for self-defense (or carrying a knife, or whatever) is a broad area.

I have had a gun pulled on me once, in a high-crime area, and was lucky to get out of the situation okay. It wasn't reasonable for me to have had a gun in that situation, and I don't think it would have helped.

Another time in Peru, I feared for my safety, and had hidden a rock in my pocket. I was threatened by a taxi driver and his friend and was prepared to hit them with the (concealed) rock. It wasn't reasonable to have a gun, but it could have helped there. Luckily, I was able to get out of that situation okay as well.

So yes, I can imagine living in a neighborhood where a gun might seem the best tool for protection.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Gene, doing my best here to respond to your various points.

I looked into the wikipedia entries you shared. Psychopaths are going to psychopath. The number two school massacre behind Bath is the Virginia Tech killings in 2007. That guy had a history from basically birth of mental illness. He had violent stories he would share. Anti-social behavior. He almost was prevented from buying guns, a judge said he "presented an imminent danger to himself as a result of mental illness." But he slipped through the cracks. If the system was just a little more robust, he couldn't have bought the guns. I actually find that encouraging! He was nearly prevented. It means perhaps our system of preventing psychopathic behavior doesn't need too much more to go.

You mentioned background checks. I get where you're coming from. If you don't have any ill intent, then it's an annoying hurdle. A lot of life can be like that. The majority of good actors get punished for the actions of a few.

It also appears that 1/5 guns have no background check in this country. That seems like a reasonable loophole to close...or at the very least, make smaller.

For reducing drug penalties. That could shore up a lot of violent crime, perhaps the vast majority. It also could protect people who buy drugs that are often cut with poisonous additives. I'm not against it.

Your Swedish article mentions guns and shooting, but not gun smuggling. But your main point seems to be that criminals are going to be violent, guns or not. Correct?

I appreciate you being reasonable as well!
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram, I had a woman today tell me AR15 is the most dangerous weapon available. If you get shot you die almkst 100% of the time.

Do you think this is so? If so, why?


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram what if you had a wife and genadmother living with you as well as two kids under 13?

And you knew the cops had no duty to protect you?

How many

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:02 pm Bram, I had a woman today tell me AR15 is the most dangerous weapon available. If you get shot you die almkst 100% of the time.

Do you think this is so? If so, why?
Is this a serious post?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:33 pm Bram what if you had a wife and genadmother living with you as well as two kids under 13?

And you knew the cops had no duty to protect you?

How many
“How many guns would I want” is your question?

Benny, I thought I made myself clear that self-defense is a sliding scale. I live in a low-crime area, in an apartment complex surrounded by friendly neighbors.

If I lived in a sketchy neighborhood, alone or with the family you describe, I would reevaluate.

Guns are a complicated issue. I’m not calling for them to all be banned, then rounded up and melted down. I think that is so unrealistic as to consider it unworthy of discussion.

It does seem that more guns in general = more gun problems. More violent and/or mentally unwell people with guns = extra problems. And some types of guns are better for mass murder.

A healthy life or world is about balance. America does not have a balanced relationship with firearms. And it shows.

And I find it troubling that the NRA interfered with our government studying gun violence between 1996-2018 via the Dickey Amendment. Is more $$$$ for the NRA and the gun companies worth the penalties socially?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:00 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:02 pm Bram, I had a woman today tell me AR15 is the most dangerous weapon available. If you get shot you die almkst 100% of the time.

Do you think this is so? If so, why?
Is this a serious post?
Yes. Serious post. I am still shaken by that interaction. I should have written rifle. I personally have no idea (other than aesthetics) why so many people have such bizzare ideas about AR15s. I was wondering if you had similar ideas because you don't seem to have much knowledge of or practical experience with rifles (not a criticism at all).


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:26 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:33 pm Bram what if you had a wife and genadmother living with you as well as two kids under 13?

And you knew the cops had no duty to protect you?

How many
“How many guns would I want” is your question?

Benny, I thought I made myself clear that self-defense is a sliding scale. I live in a low-crime area, in an apartment complex surrounded by friendly neighbors.

If I lived in a sketchy neighborhood, alone or with the family you describe, I would reevaluate.

Guns are a complicated issue. I’m not calling for them to all be banned, then rounded up and melted down. I think that is so unrealistic as to consider it unworthy of discussion.

It does seem that more guns in general = more gun problems. More violent and/or mentally unwell people with guns = extra problems. And some types of guns are better for mass murder.

A healthy life or world is about balance. America does not have a balanced relationship with firearms. And it shows.

And I find it troubling that the NRA interfered with our government studying gun violence between 1996-2018 via the Dickey Amendment. Is more $$$$ for the NRA and the gun companies worth the penalties socially?
I honestly don't understand where you are coming from on this. Do you know how many homicides we have every year? In the major urban areas vs rural and suburban? How many people "go missing"? What is it about this incident that caused you to post and get agitated? This country has abandoned citizens to homicides for decades. It doesn't even pretend to solve them or arrest people anymore unless there's a video. These mass shootings are a statistical blip among all the murdered. Yet this flips people out. I just do not understand.

And I hate the NRA more than you. And for the record, I think both "guns" and abortion are states issues and can be regulated. 2A jurisprudence and Abortion jurisprudence are unconstitutional but 2A provides some degree of basis.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the pro-gun control and pro-abortion positions are held by those most ignorant of the realities of fire-arms and abortion.

What I am shocked at is that people can hold strong opinions on something they know nothing about.

Not saying this is you, as your positions aren't strongly held other than these things should be reduced which is sane and good.

As much as I hate mass shootings, they are way down the list of things that need to be addressed to make our country safe. And they actually can't be adressed until other changes are made. Which is why the media makes such a big deal out of them.

Violent crime in America is a problem caused by a % of black males aged 14-28. Not all black males in that age group, but violent crime in the US is caused to an overwhelming degree by some part of that demo. We just will not and cannot deal with that subset.

Mass shootings are caused by 1) public schools being psychic torture machines and 2) ssris taken in combination with other drugs. Remove either of those and the number would plummet.

Assuming of course that these aren't most all staged events. Though even if they are, absent 1 and 2 above, they couldn't be staged.

User avatar

Ronald RayGun
Top
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:04 am
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Pew Pew! Still happening!
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:08 am
Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:00 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:02 pm Bram, I had a woman today tell me AR15 is the most dangerous weapon available. If you get shot you die almkst 100% of the time.

Do you think this is so? If so, why?
Is this a serious post?
Yes. Serious post. I am still shaken by that interaction. I should have written rifle. I personally have no idea (other than aesthetics) why so many people have such bizzare ideas about AR15s. I was wondering if you had similar ideas because you don't seem to have much knowledge of or practical experience with rifles (not a criticism at all).
Here's a video on AR-15's and their use in mass shootings. I realize we all lead busy lives, and you might not want to watch a 13 minute video. But I found it informative:



Do I think a 12-gauge at close range, or a .30-06 rifle would be great to be hit with? No
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:18 am
I honestly don't understand where you are coming from on this. Do you know how many homicides we have every year? In the major urban areas vs rural and suburban? How many people "go missing"? What is it about this incident that caused you to post and get agitated? This country has abandoned citizens to homicides for decades. It doesn't even pretend to solve them or arrest people anymore unless there's a video. These mass shootings are a statistical blip among all the murdered. Yet this flips people out. I just do not understand.

And I hate the NRA more than you. And for the record, I think both "guns" and abortion are states issues and can be regulated. 2A jurisprudence and Abortion jurisprudence are unconstitutional but 2A provides some degree of basis.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the pro-gun control and pro-abortion positions are held by those most ignorant of the realities of fire-arms and abortion.

What I am shocked at is that people can hold strong opinions on something they know nothing about.

Not saying this is you, as your positions aren't strongly held other than these things should be reduced which is sane and good.

As much as I hate mass shootings, they are way down the list of things that need to be addressed to make our country safe. And they actually can't be adressed until other changes are made. Which is why the media makes such a big deal out of them.

Violent crime in America is a problem caused by a % of black males aged 14-28. Not all black males in that age group, but violent crime in the US is caused to an overwhelming degree by some part of that demo. We just will not and cannot deal with that subset.

Mass shootings are caused by 1) public schools being psychic torture machines and 2) ssris taken in combination with other drugs. Remove either of those and the number would plummet.

Assuming of course that these aren't most all staged events. Though even if they are, absent 1 and 2 above, they couldn't be staged.
Does a guy walking into an elementary school and killing 19 children last week not bother you? There's been quite a few massacres of this type: churches, concerts, movie theaters, schools, hospitals, supermarkets. Are you really against having less? Of trying to figure out a solution?

We had 21,570 homicides in America in 2020, almost 30% more than 2019. 77% of them were committed with a firearm (an increase from 67% a decade before). 9,941 were black. 7,043 were white. It was a 32% increase for black homicides, 21% for white ones.

Whites make up 76% of the US, blacks make up 13%. 18-19 year old black males are 11.8 times more likely to be incarcerated than whites of the same age. In general, blacks are 5x more likely to be incarcerated than whites. 82% of blacks think gun violence is a serious problem vs. 47% of whites. 38% of blacks think that crime is a serious problem in their community vs. 13% of whites.

I see a vastly disproportionate percentage of blacks in jail and causing murders, but I don't see that it is ONLY A BLACK THING.

If you want to wander into abortion, we can talk about that as well. 75% of women seeking an abortion are low income. 50% are below the poverty line. 59% have at least one kid. Do I think it's realistic that a poor woman with kids can easily travel out of state to pay for an abortion? No, I do not.

In looking into the Virginia Tech case, that guy had been off meds for over a year. I have heard it floated that SSRI's are the cause of psychopathic behavior, but the only "evidence" I've been shown is on extremely dodgy websites.

But yes, kids can be fucking awful to one another. I was skinny and nerdy in high school, and grew up without much money. I was fortunate to have friends and non-school related interests to escape the douchebags.

Do you really think these events are staged? Honestly?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:42 am Pew Pew! Still happening!
Better not change anything!
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:34 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:08 am
Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:00 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:02 pm Bram, I had a woman today tell me AR15 is the most dangerous weapon available. If you get shot you die almkst 100% of the time.

Do you think this is so? If so, why?
Is this a serious post?
Yes. Serious post. I am still shaken by that interaction. I should have written rifle. I personally have no idea (other than aesthetics) why so many people have such bizzare ideas about AR15s. I was wondering if you had similar ideas because you don't seem to have much knowledge of or practical experience with rifles (not a criticism at all).
Here's a video on AR-15's and their use in mass shootings. I realize we all lead busy lives, and you might not want to watch a 13 minute video. But I found it informative:



Do I think a 12-gauge at close range, or a .30-06 rifle would be great to be hit with? No
Yeah, when 60 Min faked an exploding car I refused to watch anything by them.

There will always be a "best gun" for mass shootings, no?
Last edited by Bennyonesix1 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

:happiness:
Bram wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:08 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:18 am
I honestly don't understand where you are coming from on this. Do you know how many homicides we have every year? In the major urban areas vs rural and suburban? How many people "go missing"? What is it about this incident that caused you to post and get agitated? This country has abandoned citizens to homicides for decades. It doesn't even pretend to solve them or arrest people anymore unless there's a video. These mass shootings are a statistical blip among all the murdered. Yet this flips people out. I just do not understand.

And I hate the NRA more than you. And for the record, I think both "guns" and abortion are states issues and can be regulated. 2A jurisprudence and Abortion jurisprudence are unconstitutional but 2A provides some degree of basis.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the pro-gun control and pro-abortion positions are held by those most ignorant of the realities of fire-arms and abortion.

What I am shocked at is that people can hold strong opinions on something they know nothing about.

Not saying this is you, as your positions aren't strongly held other than these things should be reduced which is sane and good.

As much as I hate mass shootings, they are way down the list of things that need to be addressed to make our country safe. And they actually can't be adressed until other changes are made. Which is why the media makes such a big deal out of them.

Violent crime in America is a problem caused by a % of black males aged 14-28. Not all black males in that age group, but violent crime in the US is caused to an overwhelming degree by some part of that demo. We just will not and cannot deal with that subset.

Mass shootings are caused by 1) public schools being psychic torture machines and 2) ssris taken in combination with other drugs. Remove either of those and the number would plummet.

Assuming of course that these aren't most all staged events. Though even if they are, absent 1 and 2 above, they couldn't be staged.
Does a guy walking into an elementary school and killing 19 children last week not bother you? There's been quite a few massacres of this type: churches, concerts, movie theaters, schools, hospitals, supermarkets. Are you really against having less? Of trying to figure out a solution?

We had 21,570 homicides in America in 2020, almost 30% more than 2019. 77% of them were committed with a firearm (an increase from 67% a decade before). 9,941 were black. 7,043 were white. It was a 32% increase for black homicides, 21% for white ones.

Whites make up 76% of the US, blacks make up 13%. 18-19 year old black males are 11.8 times more likely to be incarcerated than whites of the same age. In general, blacks are 5x more likely to be incarcerated than whites. 82% of blacks think gun violence is a serious problem vs. 47% of whites. 38% of blacks think that crime is a serious problem in their community vs. 13% of whites.

I see a vastly disproportionate percentage of blacks in jail and causing murders, but I don't see that it is ONLY A BLACK THING.

If you want to wander into abortion, we can talk about that as well. 75% of women seeking an abortion are low income. 50% are below the poverty line. 59% have at least one kid. Do I think it's realistic that a poor woman with kids can easily travel out of state to pay for an abortion? No, I do not.

In looking into the Virginia Tech case, that guy had been off meds for over a year. I have heard it floated that SSRI's are the cause of psychopathic behavior, but the only "evidence" I've been shown is on extremely dodgy websites.

But yes, kids can be fucking awful to one another. I was skinny and nerdy in high school, and grew up without much money. I was fortunate to have friends and non-school related interests to escape the douchebags.

Do you really think these events are staged? Honestly?
Yes. Violent crime rates for all demogrqphics other than teen and 20's black males are quite low. And even among that demo, there is only a part that causes the problem. The US is being terrorized by a subset of black youth. Violent crime rates for US white males is among the lowest in the world. If you think the US is 76% white you are delusional.

I think the incidents that are pushed by the media are staged. Yes. I absolutely do. Not all are pushed and some are pushed and get memory-holed. I'm agnostic on those. But yes, absolutely, I think incidents that are pushed by the media are driven by US Law Enforcement and US Intel agencies. Even a cursory examination of the participants and their connections shows that.

My point re: abortion is that I have met only a few ppl in the pro-abortion camp who were aware of the reality on the ground (what really happens in the procedure and who and when gets the abortions and what happens to the remains and the revenue thereby generated) and they were either sociopathic (involved in the business) or psychopathic (MDs). It's not hard to find abortion docs because of social stigma. It's hard because that level of psychopathy is very rare. Many surgeons are psychopaths. All the best ones are. But the level of psychopathy required to perform abortions and not put a shotgun in your mouth is very rare. Sociopaths can't even handle it. A normal person is reduced to a shattered wreck after seeing the mildest procedures.

I'll re-iterate, I think the incidents like Uvalde that get massive media coverage are creations of Law Enforcement. I am agnostic on those that don't get coverage. And I think most that get coverage and are then memory-holed (Las Vegas) are mostly staged but poorly staged. And by staged I mean driven by LEO's counter-intel division.

I alsi, believe that absent SSRI's and anti-psychotics these events wouldn't happen at anywhere near the frequency we see today. They would regress yo the historical norm. I also think that if we refused to allow mentally ill and medicated women (usually alcoholic) teach school, the school system would return to the historic norm of unpleasantness.

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Do you have any reputable evidence that Uvalde was created? Or that all the other major events were? Are you saying that no one really died in these events?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Uvalde? Well, the shooter was in a discord with a "retired agent" egging him on and the agent had 30 min prior notice. And some person opened a locked door. And the locals stood outside and stopped the feds and BORTAC from going in. A BORTAC guy finally said fuck it and went in. Then the newly elected police chief got sworn into the city council to allow private discussions a day later and is refusing to talk to feds. As are the rest of the locals. And the local cops all have federal bodyguards. And no one has explained how this kid got the $10k to kit himself out or how he managed to find a truck to drive to the scene.

But perhaps the preposterous concantenation of events were all a series of unfortunate instances like every shooting. Like how this dude won election 3 days before the shooting and then gave a stand down order. And how everyone lied about what happened to everyone.

I am not saying no one died. I am saying these are driven by Law Enforcement. Just as the Michigan plot to assasinate Whitmer was driven by LEO. Just as 1/6 was driven by Law Enforcement. Why haven't we heard anything about the motive of the Las Vegas shooter? The most ridiculous mass event I have ever seen.

User avatar

nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 13066
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Mass Shootings in America

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:33 am
nafod wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:40 pm What kind of military guy calls a semi-auto ar-15 a "gun of mass destruction"?
One who was trained to use it, deployed with it, and understands what it can do to a school full 4th graders or a concert audience in Vegas.
The US military has not issued "AR15s" since the early days of the Vietnam war and only experimentally. The M16 was typed in 1964. The M4 was typed in 1994. I have a few friends who claim that they saw rifles maked AR15 while in training in the 1970s. No forward assist assembly. That was almost fifty years ago.

Your story seems suspect, Nafod. You've been talking like you're a Navy aviator. The air force only recently issued an M4 for flight crews, the GAU-5. If the Navy had one, the Air Force would have stolen it.
I trained up, mobilized, and deployed overseas over the period of two years back in 2008-2010, which PL54 can confirm as we knew each professionally. I was no pipe hitting door kicker on the ground, but was trained on an M16A2 and took it to Bagram, Balad, Kandahar, Baghdad, and some other places, and supported directly the troops for thousands of hours. The experts trained me.

The M16A2 did not have a full auto mode. It had 2 and 3 round burst that we were taught not to use, as it wasted bullets and increased odds of jamming. It made you less deadly.

This country seems determined to do nothing to make it harder for people who should not have a BB gun to get easy access to the most deadly weapons possible. Things like Buffalo, Uvalde, and Tulsa are the direct result. All, so millions of Americans can cosplay as SOF with their AR15s.

If you wanted violent 18 year olds to conduct mass shootings you would lower the age to buy, remove background checks, and reduce funding for mental health care. That is exactly what Texas did.

The shooter in Tulsa bought his AR15ish an hour before he used it to kill his doctor. He was in pain and probably drugged, and not suitable for driving a car. What the fuckety-fuck?
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Benny,

I asked for reputable evidence. You gave no links, so I decided to investigate your first claim:

"Well, the shooter was in a discord with a "retired agent" egging him on and the agent had 30 min prior notice."

I googled and found this:

https://mashable.com/article/buffalo-uv ... acies-fake

----

Completely at random, I was in my local library yesterday and a book titled "Sandy Hook" caught my eye. I sat and read for a few hours. It's about the rise of conspiracy theories around mass shootings in the wake of Sandy Hook. It talks about the terrorization of the murdered children's parents by people in sway of these theories. About Alex Jones and Infowars driving the initial misinformation. About how up to 20% of Americans believe all school shootings are hoaxes. One part of it is that if these things are all a hoax, then we can feel safe, because they wouldn't really happen. The book is available below:



----

Again, please provide reputable evidence for your claims.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

User avatar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Mass Shootings in America

Post by Bram »

Alex Jones:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/us/alex- ... index.html

What a goddamn knob. But the lie is out there, and the bullshit will stay spread.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." — Eden Phillpotts

Post Reply