Nobody has started a thread about the NSA/domestic spying?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Nobody has started a thread about the NSA/domestic spyin

Post by nafod »

Bram wrote: *They contain information on criminal activity or a threat of harm to people or property. This is not very comforting – the Fourth Amendment wouldn’t mean anything if the government could search your house everyday, but would only act if they found evidence of a crime inside.
Its like being on supervised probation, where the Probation Officer can drop by at any time and just have a look-see.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Terry B. wrote:Hong Kong says "fuck you and stop spying on our people".

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2013 ... 230476.htm
We must bomb Hong Kong. They are slimey.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

AF1
Staff Sergeant

Post by AF1 »

Is the NSA spying on, and blackmailing, Congressmen and judges and military officers?

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/20/ns ... d-military

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Andy79 wrote:
Terry B. wrote:Hong Kong says "fuck you and stop spying on our people".

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2013 ... 230476.htm
We must bomb Hong Kong. They are slimey.
The US won't do anything to China nor Russia because they don't stand up to nations that have an operational military along with votes on the security council and are able to push back.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I genuinely appreciate the principles of civil disobedience that would lead a civil service employee acting on his conscience to go public, particularly if he is fighting for our personal liberties. Bringing potential internal crimes to light could be argued as a patriotic act, I understand that.

But this cocksucker took computers with hard drives crammed full of our country's secrets to China, of all places, where only an idiot wouldn't assume they were fully exploited. And now he is in Russia, another country that spends incredible resources trying to get what is on those hard drives. There's fighting for our liberties, and there's aiding and abetting our enemies. He is doing the latter.

I hope he gets a bullet through the eye socket soon.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

nafod wrote:I genuinely appreciate the principles of civil disobedience that would lead a civil service employee acting on his conscience to go public, particularly if he is fighting for our personal liberties. Bringing potential internal crimes to light could be argued as a patriotic act, I understand that.

But this cocksucker took computers with hard drives crammed full of our country's secrets to China, of all places, where only an idiot wouldn't assume they were fully exploited. And now he is in Russia, another country that spends incredible resources trying to get what is on those hard drives. There's fighting for our liberties, and there's aiding and abetting our enemies. He is doing the latter.

Of course you're assuming that that information is actually true. Discrediting an opponent is plan A

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

nafod wrote:I genuinely appreciate the principles of civil disobedience that would lead a civil service employee acting on his conscience to go public, particularly if he is fighting for our personal liberties. Bringing potential internal crimes to light could be argued as a patriotic act, I understand that.

I hope he has some hardware. Without hard drives he has no tangible proof or leverage to be under any state's protection (other than Iceland, but I've been to Iceland and I'm pretty sure I could assassinate their president with a blunt object on the way from Hallgrímskirkja to the hotdog stand) Who the fuck else would listen to him without fucking proof?

Basically, Nafod is ok with him fighting the good fight as long as he's committed to dying for it in Gitmo.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Military & Defense More: Edward Snowden Surveillance NSA Military
GLENN GREENWALD: Snowden Has Stashed Secret NSA Files With People All Over The World
Michael Kelley 28 minutes ago 1,351 9
National Security Agency (NSA) whistleblower/leaker Edward Snowden has given encoded files containing an archive of secret NSA files to several people, Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald told Eli Lake of The Daily Beast.

Snowden “has taken extreme precautions to make sure many different people around the world have these archives "to [ensure] the stories will inevitably be published,” Greenwald told The Beast (emphasis added).
Better.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote:I hope he gets a bullet through the eye socket soon.
That would only enhance his propaganda value.

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

I hope he has some hardware. Without hard drives he has no tangible proof or leverage to be under any state's protection (other than Iceland, but I've been to Iceland and I'm pretty sure I could assassinate their president with a blunt object on the way from Hallgrímskirkja to the hotdog stand) Who the fuck else would listen to him without fucking proof?

Basically, Nafod is ok with him fighting the good fight as long as he's committed to dying for it in Gitmo.
Nafod looks like a statist nut and Glenn Beck almost sounds reasonable.

Mind = blown.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

He's known to be traveling with 4 laptops. He is spilling the beans to the chinks and Russians on surveillance we conduct against them, which has nothing to do with domestic surveillance and everything to do with our own security. This isnt evil Amerika propaganda, its what the journalists, chinks, and russians are telling us. He'll probably tell Al Qaeda what he knows next. Piece of shit.

Think the Chinese didn't slip him a roofie and scan all that shit?

Blaid, what good reason does he have to give that to the Chinese? Why help them? Because they are a beacon of freedom and liberty?

Dude is any enemy of the state. Hope he dies soon.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

It's funny how you believe almost* everything you read.

Why would he help the Chinese? Umm.... I dunno...most ruthless and dangerous Nation State in the world today wants your ass? Hmmmm...I'm gonna hazard a guess you might use some leverage to get to a safe place.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:It's funny how you believe almost* everything you read.

Why would he help the Chinese? Umm.... I dunno...most ruthless and dangerous Nation State in the world today wants your ass? Hmmmm...I'm gonna hazard a guess you might use some leverage to get to a safe place.
china is done with him. They got what they want. Now Russia is going to extract their ass raping and leave him hung out to dry. They don't really give a shit what happens to him. They'll probably kill off a few thousand Tibetans and round up some uncovered spies and torture them to celebrate.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

nafod wrote:

china is done with him. They got what they want. Now Russia is going to extract their ass raping and leave him hung out to dry. They don't really give a shit what happens to him. They'll probably kill off a few thousand Tibetans and round up some uncovered spies and torture them to celebrate.

You get this on CNBC or a le Carré novel?

It's ok to admit you're an anti liberty statist who wants to spy down our American googles and right up our rectums.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
nafod wrote:

You get this on CNBC or a le Carré novel?

It's ok to admit you're an anti liberty statist who wants to spy down our American googles and right up our rectums.
So you think going to China and Russia, a couple of countries that between them have over billion and a half people living in big brother police states, and strengthening them while weakening us by giving away secrets on foreign collection and serving as their useful idiot propaganda puppet, is a stroke for freedom and liberty? Really?

That'd be like a Christian going to Mecca to renounce religion. They'll laugh and laugh...

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I don't care. I want my country to follow its commitments to the Constitution and its people..not the commitments of power hungry flash mob of politicians playing "War on Terror" grab ass.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't care. I want my country to follow its commitments to the Constitution and its people..not the commitments of power hungry flash mob of politicians playing "War on Terror" grab ass.
Fine. Go to the press with the domestic spying leaks. Give it to Rand Paul and other elected libertarians, they can read it and raise hell. Let the fight begin.

But dont aid and abet police states. Completely undermines the idea that this had anything to do with freedom and liberty. instead, it is all about narcissism and 15 minutes of fame.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

nafod wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't care. I want my country to follow its commitments to the Constitution and its people..not the commitments of power hungry flash mob of politicians playing "War on Terror" grab ass.
Fine. Go to the press with the domestic spying leaks. Give it to Rand Paul and other elected libertarians, they can read it and raise hell. Let the fight begin.

But dont aid and abet police states. Completely undermines the idea that this had anything to do with freedom and liberty. instead, it is all about narcissism and 15 minutes of fame.
Don't be so childish.

It is not possible to be both about fame and about principle? Is it not possible that doing the "right" thing requires making a deal with the devil?
Kind of like in order to ensure the safety of the US you might think it's worth it to totally undermine basic American values?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

nafod wrote:So you think going to China and Russia...
Are you getting this from anywhere in particular or simply making it up as you go?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

He should have went to Switzerland. Obama's a cunt, what's going on is fucked up but running to the enemy is not the way. Daniel Ellsberg had the balls to stand by his shit.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

DARTH wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

He should have went to Switzerland. Obama's a cunt, what's going on is fucked up but running to the enemy is not the way. Daniel Ellsberg had the balls to stand by his shit.
They released Ellsberg following his initial arrest so that he could defend himself. If Snowden returned to the US, he would be locked up and never see the light of day for more than an hour each day.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Terry B. wrote:
DARTH wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

They released Ellsberg following his initial arrest so that he could defend himself. If Snowden returned to the US, he would be locked up and never see the light of day for more than an hour each day.
And why I said Swttzerland.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:]I hope he has some hardware. Without hard drives he has no tangible proof or leverage to be under any state's protection (other than Iceland, but I've been to Iceland and I'm pretty sure I could assassinate their president with a blunt object on the way from Hallgrímskirkja to the hotdog stand) Who the fuck else would listen to him without fucking proof?
Your naiveté is charming. You say China let him in because he has the hardware? Think they want a fighter against domestic surveillance and for personal liberties running around their single-political-party hood? Just how do you think they maintain power anyway?

If I were them, I'd have let him stay just long enough to extract maximal propaganda value to deflect attention from their own internal efforts at domestic surveillance, and to image the hard drives on the four laptops he's carrying around, and then show him the door because at that point he becomes a burden. Kick that shit to the curb.

Which is funny, because that's exactly what they did to your "brave freedom fighter".

What a fucking tool.