The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

The Air Force slogan for these guys was cooler

"Unarmed and unaffraid."

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Marc wrote:Damn it dilrod,

Couch was saying 750.
Just got back from dinner. I recommend the Pinot Noir tonight.

I'm sure it was a typo, but no matter. What he said means (if you understand logic and the english language) is "at least 500, maybe even 750, but not 751 or more." But coach-hate has lowered most everyone's IQs here by at least 70 points, even putting some into the negative digits where they start sucking intelligence out of people near them. How sad.

And yes, nafod does stand for "no apparent fear of death". It's a left-handed compliment given to those pilots who are too lucky to die, but too stupid to know it is luck and not skill. But I would always rather be lucky.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

LOL @ Nafod, who can't DL his bodyweight telling us what someone else means when they lie.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote:LOL @ Nafod, who can't DL his bodyweight telling us what someone else means when they lie.
LOL, Fat Cat thinks this guy is stupid because he can't DL his own head.

[img:181:241]http://www.lucasianchair.org/images/hawking.gif[/img]

Post by ___________ »

Dilrod eater,

You dumb motherfucker.
Do you not understand english?
You asked for a reference, got it, didn't like it, and now you're lying about it.

How's Couch's semen taste, anyways?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Marc wrote:Couch's semen tastes good, anyways.
Uhhh, glad to hear it, I guess.

Yea, I got a reference. Thanks. It confirmed the whole "Coach said 750 LBs" thing was just another instance of coach-hate making you and others into stupid liars who twisted the quote into what you wanted it to say.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:LOL @ Nafod, who can't DL his bodyweight telling us what someone else means when they lie.
LOL, Fat Cat thinks this guy is stupid because he can't DL his own head.

[img:181:241]http://www.lucasianchair.org/images/hawking.gif[/img]
I seriously hope you aren't in the military because you shouldn't be allowed around pointy things. You are a liar and intentionally distorting what I said. Also, I doubt that Hawking would try to offer advice on DLs, which you clearly have no qualms about despite the fact that you are weak.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

GarageLifter
Private

Post by GarageLifter »

nafod wrote: Yea, I got a reference. Thanks. It confirmed the whole "Coach said 750 LBs" thing was just another instance of coach-hate making you and others into stupid liars who twisted the quote into what you wanted it to say.
Ok, so to recap, we all agree that going from 200 to 750 in 2 years by doing high reps ain't going happen. The question is whether 200 to 500 will happen in 2 years by doing high reps. Is that an accurate statement?

Post by ___________ »

ENGLISH, MOTHAFUCKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?
Couch wrote:But here's the fascinating part. We can take you from a 200 pound max deadlift to a 500-750 pound max deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year. We will though work the deadlift, like most lifts, approximately once per week at higher reps and under grueling conditions. It may intuit well that if you can pull a 250 pound deadlift 21 times coming to the lift at a heart rate of 180 beats per minute, then 500 pounds for a single at a resting heart rate is perhaps manageable.
God Damn it all to fucking Hell, DILROD.
We can take you to a 500-750 pound max...
It meant what it said, and it said what it meant.
I don't know how much clearer it needs to be, but Couch claims a 750 max deadlift right fucking there.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote:I seriously hope you aren't in the military because you shouldn't be allowed around pointy things. You are a liar and intentionally distorting what I said. Also, I doubt that Hawking would try to offer advice on DLs, which you clearly have no qualms about despite the fact that you are weak.
Sorry Cat, I'm in the military and I am fucking surrounded by expensive pointy things that your tax dollars provide me. Thanks. And I appreciate the accusation of distortion, seeing how everyone here had been saying coach said 750 LBs when he actually said 500-750 LBs. There is a difference, and you are too blinded by coach-hate to see it. Or maybe you're just really, really stupid. Same outcome either way.

Post by ___________ »

cockmunch wrote: And I appreciate the accusation of distortion, seeing how everyone here had been saying coach said 750 LBs when he actually said 500-750 LBs. There is a difference, and you are too blinded by coach-hate to see it.
Fuck you're dumb, Dilrod.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

GarageLifter wrote:Ok, so to recap, we all agree that going from 200 to 750 in 2 years by doing high reps ain't going happen. The question is whether 200 to 500 will happen in 2 years by doing high reps. Is that an accurate statement?
No it is not, since the crossfit WODs include 1RM and low RM days, about 25% of the workouts. But going from 200 to 500 on just the WODs would still be a feat.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Marc wrote:Fuck I'm dumb, nafod.
Yep

GarageLifter
Private

Post by GarageLifter »

nafod wrote:
GarageLifter wrote:Ok, so to recap, we all agree that going from 200 to 750 in 2 years by doing high reps ain't going happen. The question is whether 200 to 500 will happen in 2 years by doing high reps. Is that an accurate statement?
No it is not, since the crossfit WODs include 1RM and low RM days, about 25% of the workouts. But going from 200 to 500 on just the WODs would still be a feat.
Well ok, I don't know what a WOD is, but the quote said max singles 4-5 times a year and doing mainly high reps once a week, hence my original stament, but ok. I agree that going from 200 to 500 1RM doing mainly high reps with occasional 1RM is very unlikely. The research I'm aware of (through reading Zatsiorsky) suggests that opposite approach is correct, that is, to increase, say 20RM, one can focus on 1RM and it will benefit the 20RM but not vice versa.

In any case, from what you just wrote, it sounds like you agree that going from 200 to 500 on the crossfit protocol is unlikely. Is that fair to say?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

GarageLifter wrote: In any case, from what you just wrote, it sounds like you agree that going from 200 to 500 on the crossfit protocol is unlikely. Is that fair to say?
Yep

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Sorry Cat, I'm in the military and I am fucking surrounded by expensive pointy things that your tax dollars provide me. Thanks. And I appreciate the accusation of distortion, seeing how everyone here had been saying coach said 750 LBs when he actually said 500-750 LBs. There is a difference, and you are too blinded by coach-hate to see it. Or maybe you're just really, really stupid. Same outcome either way.
I don't like you very much, but I am going to try to engage you on this subject one last time. I may be an asshole, but I try to be an honest asshole, and I don't see you making the same effort.

1. Coach provided a range which is not honest. He has never produced a 750 lbs. DL'er using his methods, as proven by his inability to produce an example of one when challenged.

2. This being the case, it is dishonest to exaggerate the range of possible outcomes. If I can squat 315, and I describe my range of squatting ability as between 310 and 100 lbs. I am lying. The upward limit of the range of possibility is, in fact, far beyond my abilities.

3. It then follows that, the only reason I would introduce such a high end limit is to distort the real range of possibilities my capacity and training allow.

And that's all I am going to say about this.

GarageLifter
Private

Post by GarageLifter »

nafod wrote:
GarageLifter wrote: In any case, from what you just wrote, it sounds like you agree that going from 200 to 500 on the crossfit protocol is unlikely. Is that fair to say?
Yep
Ok, it sounds like we agree on that. So, if 500 is unlikely isn't 750 kind of ridiculous?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: I don't like you very much, but I am going to try to engage you on this subject one last time. I may be an asshole, but I try to be an honest asshole, and I don't see you making the same effort.
This thread has been wallpapered with bullshit from stem to stern, and your suggesting that you would screw his wife over his dead body pretty much put you into the enternal shitlist for me. I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote 500-750, and neither do you for sure. So it's all just making shit up and thinking you know what he's thinking, and two can play that game. Don't fling the bullshit if you don't like it coming back the other way.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote:
Fat Cat wrote: I don't like you very much, but I am going to try to engage you on this subject one last time. I may be an asshole, but I try to be an honest asshole, and I don't see you making the same effort.
This thread has been wallpapered with bullshit from stem to stern, and your suggesting that you would screw his wife over his dead body pretty much put you into the enternal shitlist for me. I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote 500-750, and neither do you for sure. So it's all just making shit up and thinking you know what he's thinking, and two can play that game. Don't fling the bullshit if you don't like it coming back the other way.
LOL! If that's how you want it. But I'd do the same to you and laugh, so don't sweat it.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Let's agree @-fit is good for @-fit.

Burns calories, liquefies the kidneys, builds cultish behavior.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

B@d f@r @merica.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

nafod wrote: This thread has been wallpapered with bullshit from stem to stern, and your suggesting that you would screw his wife over his dead body pretty much put you into the enternal shitlist for me. I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote 500-750, and neither do you for sure. So it's all just making shit up and thinking you know what he's thinking, and two can play that game. Don't fling the bullshit if you don't like it coming back the other way.
Nafod,

The following are not BS:
1. Pukey
2. Rhabdo.
3. Claims of 500-750 DL.
4. Couch is a do as i say not as i do type.
5. if you question the Couch, you are a heretic.
6. We have gotten under the dudes skin.

Breaks of Naval Air for Couch. This is amusing in so many ways.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

dalexan242 wrote: So if I can deadlift 135 lb. for 200 reps, it will allow me to deadlift 1200 lb. for a single.
DAYUM.........Thanks for pointing that out D, I'm way stronger than I ever thought....Cool!
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

So, at this point, pretty much everyone knows there're no xfitters out there DLing 750#. Has anyone bothered to check how many are DLing 500#? I remember being near the top of the list when I was posting over there a while back.

My max DL was 465# last time I checked and I thought I was gonna die from it. That was after about a year and a couplafew months of the xfit. I don't see myself ever hating me enough to go for 500#. Ow.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Post by ___________ »

The Xfitters deadlift in the 350 range.
Not bad for a jack of all trades (I hit 335 & thought it was good for a MMA guy) but no fucking where near the elite 750 or even bad ass 500 GlassAss tried to make it out to be.