The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

\:D/
Last edited by Fat Cat on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Ross Hunt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ross Hunt »

Steve,

I haven't done the front-page Xfit WOD in some time. For whatever reason, 3 months of it didn't do anything for my squat or dead, which were weak.

Right now I oly-lift and do short Xfit-style circuits twice a week. Haven't maxed my dead in over a year. I RDL 275x4 without touching the ground between reps pretty easily and clean pull ~245. My squat is what I'm working on (ATG BSQ only 255, working through a Javorek squat cycle tweaked by my oly coach to take it 275 minimum, 300 is more like it). I use oly-lifting for strength, and Xfit to stay in shape. The latter seems to work when I push it hard, and the former works when I don't push it too hard.
xalepa ta kala
Mike The Bear wrote:
I'm like a hummingbird on meth.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Ross Hunt wrote:Steve,

I haven't done the front-page Xfit WOD in some time. For whatever reason, 3 months of it didn't do anything for my squat or dead, which were weak.

Right now I oly-lift and do short Xfit-style circuits twice a week. Haven't maxed my dead in over a year. I RDL 275x4 without touching the ground between reps pretty easily and clean pull ~245. My squat is what I'm working on (ATG BSQ only 255, working through a Javorek squat cycle tweaked by my oly coach to take it 275 minimum, 300 is more like it). I use oly-lifting for strength, and Xfit to stay in shape. The latter seems to work when I push it hard, and the former works when I don't push it too hard.
I like the o-lifts too. Do you believe that WODs could take a 200# DLer to 500-750# ?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote:Why not cool? He is a dirty Jew isn't he? Please explain.
I just have this funny feeling some people get bent out of shape when you talk about inflicting severe head trauma, cuckolding them, and disparaging their religion or ethnic background. This is particularly the case when the odds of the suject's wife reading it are relatively high. Given the reaction they have to criticizing their exercise program, I sense this might be one of those things that sets people off somehow. Or not.

OTOH, the fact that the subject decided to link to an unmoderated forum makes it his own fault.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

O:)
Last edited by Fat Cat on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Ross Hunt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ross Hunt »

szczepan wrote:
Ross Hunt wrote:Steve,

I like the o-lifts too. Do you believe that WODs could take a 200# DLer to 500-750# ?
Dunno.
xalepa ta kala
Mike The Bear wrote:
I'm like a hummingbird on meth.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

talk about inflicting severe head trauma, cuckolding them,
Although I suspect that FatCat is a bona-fide sociopath, I must point out in the interests of fairness that he said "tag his wife over his bloody corpse." In FC's scenario Coach would already be dead, and thus it would not be adultery to have sex with his (recent) widow.

Happy to help straighten that out.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

=;
Last edited by Fat Cat on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

The post after mine is great:

"stock in kettlebells"

now that's good.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

CFs leading athlete's solution to the problem...

"I've not given it a great deal of thought, but it seems to me that the best we can do is to sit down with a physics textbook and a calculator and work the numbers to try and determine what is possible with each implement. Anything else injects the uncertainty of human beings into the equation."

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

OMFG. That's rich. Did you know that when you hold a weight out in front of you and you don't move it, you are doing no work? Get the calculator and physics textbook and check it out.

GDG!

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Bunch of Rhodes Scholars over there. The number of posts there that ignore your point and make arguments that have nothing to do with Glassman's (or that pesky DL claim) actually make me embarrassed for them, which I didn't think was possible.

But we're the idiots, which is a scream.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

ultracool

Post by ultracool »

This thread is beautiful.
How many Keynesians does it take to replace a lightbulb? 2, 1 to screw it in and another to have broken it in the 1st place.

ultracool

Post by ultracool »

“Several of posts in this sequence were deleted or moved to Pukie's Bucket.â€
How many Keynesians does it take to replace a lightbulb? 2, 1 to screw it in and another to have broken it in the 1st place.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Couch had an amusing history revision in there, too.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I don't think Coach likes me anymore.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

It's the glasses, Bill.

GDG!

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I genuinely don't give a rat's hemorhoidal ass, but I've had about three times the normal viewings of my log today.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

If Couch loves the military so much why did he spend his youth teaching gymnastics to teenage girls instead of serving his country ?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

szczepan wrote:If Couch loves the military so much why did he spend his youth teaching gymnastics to teenage girls instead of serving his country ?
Lots more money in loving the military than serving it.

greenghost
Gunny

Post by greenghost »

Quote: " We will NOT be discussing this disgraceful filth "

Author : Some Cunt
" Once You've Walked Through The Fire Unscathed, Nothing Else Can Ever Burn " USMC

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I like how Foxy "tacitly accepts" Fat Cat's posts.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

They're talking about me now? I'm flattered.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I am sitting here now with a stiffie.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

She wants to taste my stiffy.